News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Battery Replacement

Started by coachgeo, May 27, 2014, 08:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

OK, since my Tiger is thousand plus miles away so  I  can't measure it myself....... need some help ordering a new battery with the caveat of NEED MORE CCA to spin a diesel engine over.   Read in Steamer forum at Triumph Rat the lithium battery's are smaller/lighter/more CCA but more $$$ too.    A Walker mower with the same engine spec's the battery needed at  12 Volt, 41AH, 340 CCA. (Interstate U1-SP40 at: Length-7.1/2  x  Width-5.3/16  x Height-7.5/16; )   

Any thoughts out there on something similar that fits the Tiger Battery box?
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Bixxer Bob

Here's a list of Motobatt batteries with their specs. 

http://www.motobatt.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

As a guide, what was the rating of the engine donor vehicle battery?

I replaced a Guzzi battery that was the size of one from a small car with a Motobatt equivalent which was only half the size.  I had a test somewhere where a Motobatt motorcycle battery was used to start a V8 but dunno if I still have it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

steamer battery is 6 3/8 ths tall x 3 1/2 wide x 5 5/16ths long
the walker mower battery will never fit
you have minimal and I mean minimal to the seat base for clearance the 5 5/16th dimension is also maximum
for that matter the 3 1/2 inch dim doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room either
so basically the dims I got off one of my steamer batts is the biggest you can go . size wise .

rf9rider

I recommend the Motobatt batteries if they`re available over there?

More cranking power than original.  :thumbsup

coachgeo

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on May 27, 2014, 09:52:32 PM
Here's a list of Motobatt batteries with their specs. 

http://www.motobatt.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

As a guide, what was the rating of the engine donor vehicle battery? ..
The rating of the engine donor battery AND physical size are listed in the original opening post.  Thanx for the link.  the is the second Motobatt recomendation... I've gotten so will check them out.

coachgeo

Quote from: Mustang on May 27, 2014, 10:02:08 PM
steamer battery is 6 3/8 ths tall x 3 1/2 wide x 5 5/16ths long
the walker mower battery will never fit
you have minimal and I mean minimal to the seat base for clearance the 5 5/16th dimension is also maximum
for that matter the 3 1/2 inch dim doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room either
so basically the dims I got off one of my steamer batts is the biggest you can go . size wise .
mucho thanx on the dimensions!