News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Keyless gas cap

Started by HeavyHustler, May 27, 2014, 10:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyHustler

Anyone have one?  Pics?  I searched fleebay and only found the chinese models.....

rf9rider

Yup, i got one.  :icon_mrgreen:

Its a one piece billet type, its for the Yamaha R1, fits just fine, although you need the bottom rubber gasket piece from the original cap.

Scroll down the pics to see it.

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,10288.msg83679.html#msg83679

HeavyHustler

rf9rider

Edited the link, should work now  :icon_redface:

HeavyHustler

I still got the jist of it anyways....lol!  So what are the details on finding a front fender just like yours?  And fitment instructions?  :hat10

rf9rider

Front fender is made by Acerbis.

Probably best for you to google it for a shop in the USA, they are available over there as a couple of USA owners have them fitted.

Having the Trophy/Steamer forks, i fitted another top triple tree under the bottom one and bolted the fender straight onto that, when i had one fitted to my first Steamer, theres a couple of mounting holes on the bottom tree you can use.

Aeronica made me the fitting bracket and posted it to me, send him a PM, he`s a good bloke!

Or you could buy yourself an original Steamer top triple tree and use that as a mounting bracket.

rf9rider

Exact fender name is Acerbis tecnik.

HeavyHustler

Quote from: rf9rider on May 28, 2014, 12:23:53 PM
Or you could buy yourself an original Steamer top triple tree and use that as a mounting bracket.

So you replaced the lower triple tree with a upper tree then?  Interesting.  Thanks for the info.  That fender seems to be discontinued atm......I'll keep looking around though.

Thanks!

rf9rider

I didn`t replace the bottom tree with an upper, i fitted an extra upper tree below the bottom tree to use as a bracket for the fender.

If that makes sense  :icon_lol:

Mustang

Quote from: HeavyHustler on May 29, 2014, 12:36:25 AM
.  That fender seems to be discontinued atm......I'll keep looking around though.

Thanks!
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/10017/i/acerbis-front-fender
all the acerbis here

the crf450x fender fits the tiger well

HeavyHustler

Which yr bike and model did you use?

Mustang

HeavyHustler

Excellent.  Thanks!

PS- that Tiger looks kick ass!!! :wheel

HeavyHustler

Just had a look at the lower tree to attach the mx fender.  Did you guys switch your brake cables to two full length cables or did you work around that funky 3 banjo intersection?