News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 800 handlebar on Girly

Started by BCtiger, July 09, 2014, 09:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCtiger

I started looking at this project back in Feb inquiring about striple bars on a Girly. In the end they would have been too short. With the factory bars I could never get quite comfortable. As it is, the Tiger 800 bars are the same width or very close. Used Rox Risers, 7/8" to 1 1/8" to accommodate fatbars, and I am comfortable. The swap went pretty smoothly, a little time consuming to feed the heated grip wiring thru, but a nice weekend project. Drilled one hole for the locating pin on the throttle side, clutch side missing the pin, so no need to drill. I have 1050 hand guards, the throttle side required a small trim as it pushed against the windscreen @ full lock. I can now make adjustments at the bar & at the headstock clamp. Riding is different, a little strange at first but now the steering effort feels much easier and even seems more precise. And, I think they look cool ! We will see how comfortable they are on a longer trip later this summer.

Sin_Tiger

Looks good and right  :thumbsup Are those the XC bars?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

BCtiger

They are not the XC bars which are a bit wider still. I sat on both the 800 & 800XC to compare and found the I was more comfortable with the regular length. The XC bars may have helped with the handguard location on the throttle side being a bit further away from the windscreen on full lock. Also I think the wiring might be a bit tight in some positions the XC bar could be set at, but not positive about that. And thank you, I do think they look right.