News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

'98 Steamer - Start/Idle proglem

Started by FoothillRyder, April 15, 2015, 08:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Tallbrick on May 17, 2015, 10:04:24 PM
Hi there! I got the similar problem ont my 98' Tiger. I'm  from Sweden and I do'nt understand what seafoam is?
Does she start now?

Yours

Nick.

Seafoam is a US product, I've never found any in stock in the UK so Sweden might be the same. The nearest we have is a German made product called Profi Fuel Max so you can probably get that in Sweden.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

I get my Seafoam from Ebay.uk

I tried the Profi Fuel Max, nowhere near as good as Seafoam in my opinion.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: rf9rider on May 17, 2015, 10:31:04 PM
I get my Seafoam from Ebay.uk

I tried the Profi Fuel Max, nowhere near as good as Seafoam in my opinion.

:icon_scratch: time to look again, thanks.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Seafoam is on sale at NAPA Auto Parts in Nelson, BC, at the moment: buy 2 get one free!     :icon_wink: :icon_wink: :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

nickjtc

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: rf9rider on May 18, 2015, 02:23:01 AM
Just for you Sin...............

Cheers Mate, don't know why it didn't come up before, might have been something to do with where I was when searching  :BangHead Handy link for others too  :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob

I've used Profi Fuel and it seems to work, but my can of Seafoam arrived today.  just under £14 seems a bit steep, but that included free delivery by DPD and it can't be cheap to import from the USA.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Danwarb

Is the trick with Seafoam to add it as an additive to the tank or to soak the carb parts in it?

Cheers,

Dan
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

nickjtc

Quote from: Danwarb on May 20, 2015, 04:39:37 PM
Is the trick with Seafoam to add it as an additive to the tank or to soak the carb parts in it?
Cheers,
Dan

Pour it in the tank when you do a fill-up. One can is good for quite a lot of fuel so you do not need to use it all in one go. Repeat as necessary.

You can also add some to your crankcase oil prior to an oil change , run the engine to warm it up and then drain it. Supposed to help clean out the crud.

Sin_Tiger

I sprung for a 4 pack which makes it quite good value with the free delivery.

John Stenhouse

Me too, two going to France at the end of the week.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

GavD

Anyone know if Seafoam have a use by date?
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S