News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Crappy Headlights

Started by Grambo, September 09, 2015, 06:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trophydave

Agreed,the wiring is like cotton.That and the fact that our bikes are getting on a bit now cant help.There is some stuff over on the triumphrat site by D'Escosse about upgrading headlamp wiring but I havnt had a proper read of it yet.

Grambo

OK well I just purchased a set of PIAA, powersport bulbs, H4 xtreme white plus, 60W/55W. I was told that these will have the same draw as my stock bulbs but will be brighter and shouldn't affect the operation of my other electrical systems, etc...

Is this true? Can I get away with this for now or should I be focused on the relay and setting that system up?

Sin_Tiger

Be sure you know which fuses to pull quickly just in case.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Grambo

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on September 10, 2015, 11:37:02 PM
Be sure you know which fuses to pull quickly just in case.

Oh Jeezuz!!! Well that doesn't instill much confidence. lol

Grambo

Well Vince said he was currently using these bulbs in both his 2005 Girly and 800 Tiger with no issues.

vince

Quote from: Grambo on September 10, 2015, 11:45:43 PM
Well Vince said he was currently using these bulbs in both his 2005 Girly and 800 Tiger with no issues.
Quote from: Grambo on September 10, 2015, 11:12:39 PM
OK well I just purchased a set of PIAA, powersport bulbs, H4 xtreme white plus, 60W/55W. I was told that these will have the same draw as my stock bulbs but will be brighter and shouldn't affect the operation of my other electrical systems, etc...

Is this true? Can I get away with this for now or should I be focused on the relay and setting that system up?

well speak of the devil

I just plugged them in on my 55 plate 955i tigger
and the same on my 800 tigger
no mods
been in the 800 for over a year no problems
in the 955i fo two years
perhaps I'm just lucky  :bug_eye  :kboom

cheers vince   :occasion14

:pottytrain2 :pottytrain2
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Grambo

Happy with the performance Vince?
Chris ;)

vince

definitely brighter in both bikes
so impressed I took them out of the 955i when I sold it as I'm a tight git
and put them in the 800
the 8oo had good lights any way but the pia's made them better

cheers vince
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Grambo

Quote from: vince on September 10, 2015, 11:57:15 PM
definitely brighter in both bikes
so impressed I took them out of the 955i when I sold it as I'm a tight git
and put them in the 800
the 8oo had good lights any way but the pia's made them better

cheers vince

Fantastic!!!

Grambo

Im still going to try to cobb together the relay system and see how i do with that. I have found some more information about it and think it is something I can handle, but the bulbs for now will at least be an improvement over my current situation. Thanks for your  help with that Sin!!! I have found some pictures online of the system you described and am sure it is something I can do. No easy task getting to these bulbs though is it with the Tiger???

Bixxer Bob

So you already have both lamps working?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

Grambo

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 11, 2015, 11:59:42 PM
So you already have both lamps working?

Both lamps working just dim as hell. Will install the new bulbs next week.

cba191

I've been using these for the last year.  They are crazy bright, and help conserve the watts for other uses.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/led-headlight-bulb-replacement-modules.948701/
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Dev_1