News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I have twins!

Started by fraserdog, October 24, 2015, 07:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

Well not identical twins but i am in the process of buying another Tiger,2005 Silver one with 16k miles on the clock.They must be addictive!!  :icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin:
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Chris Canning

Funny actually because Timbox on here put a link up A few years ago with a 955 similar spec as mine and always regretted not buying it,but all a bit too late with an XR coming in March.

JayDub

↓ ↓ ↓    :icon_redface:   ↓ ↓ ↓ Its funny how these things occur   ↓ ↓ ↓

John Stenhouse

Another Beemer to add to the stable Chris?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Errrr well yea and I say that through slightly gritted teeth because I've never viewed myself as a BM man and now I'll have 3  :icon_eek:

It been a difficult or maybe just a pain in the arse making a decision for political reason should have been the Multi but as a long term bike didn't think it would work,all complicated by some very good secondhand 955 Tigers that are turning up on eBay and in the end thought I'd go the odd ball route as I've no intention of selling my Tiger anyway so it looks like I'll be turning into a collector with 5 bikes :icon_redface:

Chris Canning

Quote from: fraserdog on October 24, 2015, 07:43:12 PM
Well not identical twins but i am in the process of buying another Tiger,2005 Silver one with 16k miles on the clock.They must be addictive!!  :icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin:

I'd be interested in your train of thought going from an early version to a later one.

fraserdog

It's a long story but i needed another bike to keep elsewhere in the country that would be good for 2 up use and the Tiger has always fitted the bill,as for the later version there was no rhyme nor reason for it really other than getting a good bike for the right price.If a good early one had come up at the right money i would  have had one of those but this 05 came up with the slight sprag issue (i think) and with a genuine 16k on the clock so i made the decision to go for it,it's got full oem luggage,MRA screen,hugger,H&B crash bars and is a very clean example so that was that really.
1974 Honda CB500/4
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Chris Canning

Gottabe one of the great bargains at the mo a 955 with the right miles there's one at a bike shop in Wigan with 12000 miles and even a guy selling a 1500 miler on eBay  :icon_eek:

fraserdog

The prices vary so much it's unreal.I think i paid the right price for the condition an mileage (with the sprag prob) and it's also got a Blue Flame tri oval can on it,if i were to buy all the extras that are on it it would have cost me over £600 not including the luggage.
1974 Honda CB500/4
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Chris Canning

Think the prices vary so much because as these bikes pass down the food chain you get a different clientel and having seen the same thing happen with my elderly 1100s my advise to anyone buying a Tiger now is look for the best aftermarket parts and buy them now because production stops ie like the Touratech bars.