News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 UK Meet, Planning Part 2 - 2-3 July 2016

Started by Bixxer Bob, February 14, 2016, 10:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

OK, so we're going NE this year; over to you Geoff.  We can discuss possible routes by PM if you like.  If nothing else it shares the blame....  :icon_wink:

Let's get the dates sorted by the end of the month while Geoff has a think about campsite / pub /  kicking off point.  Once that's sorted folks can start getting early bookings in.  Having missed last year I'm looking forward to this already.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

About the only weekend I can do is the 3/4th, Goodwood before it and Le Mans classic after, I've voted and I'll cross my fingers and hope.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Nick Calne

Done my duty and voted 2/3rd. Hopefully to ensure Stenners can make it! ....But can do any when at the moment.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

JayDub

Quote from: John Stenhouse on February 14, 2016, 11:05:20 PM
About the only weekend I can do is the 3/4th, Goodwood before it and Le Mans classic after, I've voted and I'll cross my fingers and hope.
I'll go for 2/3rd too, I'm getting my bookings in early this year... she's so understanding  :love10

mat-tiger1

All done!
Gone for 2nd - 3rd as well so that Mr S can attend! :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

OK, OK I'll fall in with the crowd. 2nd/3rd voted for. I can actually do most of those dates but that one is the least cluttered. Yipee!
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

PeteH

2nd / 3rd for me too just to keep it simple, also gets me bout of attending a wedding evening do ;)
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

blacktiger

Quote from: PeteH on February 21, 2016, 12:23:59 AM
2nd / 3rd for me too just to keep it simple, also gets me bout of attending a wedding evening do ;)

Wow! You're going to be either very popular or unpopular in certain circles.

Sin_Tiger

As long as its not his own wedding he might get away with it  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

GavD

Have run it passed Mo & Ted, they're both up for it and I've already told them it'll be the first weekend in July, so I've popped my vote in for then. Think we may ride up Thu and stop in the Dales for a night, then mooch on up to meet at the cafe Fri.

Anyone know of a good B&B in the north end of the Dales?

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Timbox2

Quote from: GavD on February 23, 2016, 07:49:42 PM
Have run it passed Mo & Ted, they're both up for it and I've already told them it'll be the first weekend in July, so I've popped my vote in for then. Think we may ride up Thu and stop in the Dales for a night, then mooch on up to meet at the cafe Fri.

Anyone know of a good B&B in the north end of the Dales?

Is Hawes North enough?  Bulls Head is very good and theyve got very secure parking for bikes, not too far from the Motorways. Or for breathtaking remoteness Tan Hill Inn right on the top edge of the park but a bit further from the big roads. Tan Hill is cheap if you go for the bunk rooms(Mixed Sex, ,nice)
2016 Tiger Sport

GavD

:thumbsup
Like the sound of the Tan Hill, I was looking at stopping there on the way up for a bite to eat, might as well stay there a night and indulge in a pint or two!!
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

John Stenhouse

Nice pub, we get there every January, new folk in charge this year. Do you want a bed on the way up?

blacktiger

Quote from: GavD on February 23, 2016, 08:36:23 PM
:thumbsup
Like the sound of the Tan Hill,

Highest pub in England will be bloody freezing for camping even in mid summer.