News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The Loft of Plenty

Started by Nick Calne, April 23, 2016, 07:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

I had another good root around in the loft this afternoon and found several more crates of steamer stuff.

I also have an engine (45000miles) and a front wheel to go in what must be the biggest clear-out of steamer parts from my loft since I did this a few months ago.

If you want something from the pile then make me a derisory offer /swap for beer and I'll send it to you.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sparky

Oohhhhh Steamer bits  :love10

I'm assuming the speedo is in miles since you're in the UK ?  If it's Kmh I'll take it.

I would like the side stand, gear shift lever and smoked screen if you would ship to Canada, V4A 6S6.
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

Sin_Tiger

Good grief, how could forget you had all that, you must have a loft the size of the Sistine Chapel  :icon_scratch: pm coming soon.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Sparky on April 23, 2016, 10:36:58 PM
I'm assuming the speedo is in miles since you're in the UK ?  If it's Kmh I'll take it.

Steamer speedos (all the ones I've ever seen) are dual scale worn the miles being the more prominent per ring.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Quote from: Sparky on April 23, 2016, 10:36:58 PM
Oohhhhh Steamer bits  :love10

I would like the side stand, gear shift lever and smoked screen if you would ship to Canada, V4A 6S6.

Speedo is mph as it is a UK one. Everything else is good to go through. I'll weigh it and let you know how much to ship it to Canada as experience tells me it can be prohibitively expensive. But we might get lucky this time.

Nick Calne

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 23, 2016, 10:39:36 PM
Good grief, how could forget you had all that, you must have a loft the size of the Sistine Chapel  :icon_scratch: pm coming soon.

There is more in there yet Sin. My wife hoards stuff and the bike stuff is at the back which means it takes a real effort to shift it about.

Sparky

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 23, 2016, 10:42:14 PM
Steamer speedos (all the ones I've ever seen) are dual scale worn the miles being the more prominent per ring.

That's what I have as the bike was a US import.  I'm thinking Canadian models and most of the European models would have Km on the outside.

Sparky

Quote from: Nick Calne on April 23, 2016, 11:29:26 PM
Speedo is mph as it is a UK one. Everything else is good to go through. I'll weigh it and let you know how much to ship it to Canada as experience tells me it can be prohibitively expensive. But we might get lucky this time.

Cheapest shipping option is fine with me I'm not in a rush.

Thanks
Chris

nickjtc

No wonder Triumph ran out of inventory of spares for Steamers...............
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Quote from: nickjtc on April 24, 2016, 02:51:53 AM
No wonder Triumph ran out of inventory of spares for Steamers...............
:ImaPoser if Nick and Sin teamed up it would be a steamer parts convention.

JoeDirt

Quote from: JayDub on April 24, 2016, 11:26:11 AM
:ImaPoser if Nick and Sin teamed up it would be a steamer parts convention.

No it's better than that... they could build whole bike! :*&*

London_Phil

I'd pay to watch that!!   :new_popcornsmiley

ram33

hi
how much for the bit that goes in the tank mounting holes? (1st pic near bottom just above the silver bar)
also have you got a front wheel hub laying around? ive got spokes and rim already
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

John Stenhouse

Here Nick , are you sure you weren't a squirrel in a past life  :icon_eek:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Nick Calne

Quote from: ram33 on April 24, 2016, 08:34:59 PM
hi
how much for the bit that goes in the tank mounting holes? (1st pic near bottom just above the silver bar)
also have you got a front wheel hub laying around? ive got spokes and rim already

The rubbery thing. Free plus P and P.
The hub is part of a complete wheel which I'd like to sell as a whole thing ideally.