News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Horns not working. Where should I start?

Started by Danwarb, May 05, 2016, 03:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danwarb

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 11, 2016, 12:59:10 AM
I'd stick with the disc ones, two reasons.

The reason for the horn in cars is that they're usually located inside the engine bay and need to direct the sound pressure waves outside, bikes don't generally have that problem so the "horn" is redundant.

The added bulk of the horn will probably give you problems positioning them so as not to foul the fork tubes or rubbing against the side panels.

Yes got it Sin. I'm clear on this now. Thanks so much.

:occasion14
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

BruKen

Sorry, this thread dropped off my radar

You're all party poopers. A relay and a bit of wire to the battery going to cost a fiver. I hate loud pipes, give me a headache on long trips and anti social. But when I blow the horn I want obnoxious. I want it to say in no uncertain terms exactly what I'm feeling. It must be the exclamation mark behind my rudimentary sign language and when I'm in the groove it must signal my arrival  :wings

But listen to Sin, he knows what he's on about, you don't get to be a miserable old bastid without learning a trick or two. I'm just hangin on to what little of the original reprobate still resides in me :__