News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Riding Position

Started by clmbandski, June 08, 2005, 05:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clmbandski

I am going to pick up the absolutely mint '96 Tiger that I have just bought this afternoon.  During my test ride I noticed that despite the fact that you have to be tall to stand over it the foot pegs seem a bit far back and then the stock brake and shift levers seem short for my 6'1" legs.  Are there reasons for this position that are not yet clear to me or has someone come up with mods to slide their long legs forward a bit?
1996- Tiger

abell

>for my 6'1" legs

Jesus, your legs are almost as long as I am tall  : )
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

Kill Switch

That's pretty funny. :lol:

Mudhen

Welcome aboard fellow Steamer rider - and fellow New Englander  (and in August, fellow Maine-iac!)

I hear you on being all scrunched up on the bike...and I'm only 5'9" and it really bothered me at first.  I now have put a couple thousand miles on it and no longer notice it.

I've never heard of any peg lowering kits for it; you may want to ask over on the Yahoo group as it seems to have a lot more carb'd Tiger people.

Pat

Got pics/details of the new bike???
\'96 Steamer