News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fancy being part of a world record?

Started by mat-tiger1, July 16, 2016, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Update Guys! 524 Triumph riders are now registered for next Sunday's world record attempt (Sunday September 4th) & if everyone turns up we should easily smash last year's record!  :wings
If any of you still fancy joining in and becoming part of the proceedings then you have until noon on Friday September 2nd to register. :icon_cool:
For those who are already registered you should have submitted your donations by now. (You can leave it until the day if you like, it just speeds up the process on the day if you do it beforehand)
We should all have our registration times and instructions for the day very shortly, so I look forward to meeting up with you guys on Sunday!  :icon_salut:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on August 28, 2016, 11:18:22 PM
Update Guys! 524 Triumph riders are now registered for next Sunday's world record attempt (Sunday September 4th) & if everyone turns up we should easily smash last year's record!  :wings

Latest email now say 555 riders. My check-in time is 09:20.  :wheel
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

trophydave

Mine is 9.00am but being local means no need for an early start.If you do the last part of the journey on the A6097 watch out for the average speed cameras,they go on for miles.

Sin_Tiger

Even more local, bunking at the Clifton  :friday
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

A good job we are. How they expect someone from two hundred miles away to get there by 09:30 is a bit wishful.

PeteH

Quote from: blacktiger on August 30, 2016, 10:13:30 PM
A good job we are. How they expect someone from two hundred miles away to get there by 09:30 is a bit wishful.

Easy, just start out early....

See you all Sunday :)
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

blacktiger

Quote from: PeteH on August 31, 2016, 01:20:13 AM
Easy, just start out early....

See you all Sunday :)

I had my fill of early starts as a train driver. :cp

mat-tiger1

My registration is at 09:40 but I'll be knocking on the door of the Clifton for a cuppa about 08:15!  :icon_biggrin:
See you all on Sunday fellas & don't forget to read your rules of engagement!! (Just so we get it right 1st time!)  :augie :thumbsup
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

cbd

08:20 for me.  Might just take tent and head down sat night as google maps shows massive park land just of that roundabout.  That or early start idk.

Anyone be heading down from yorkshire ?

PeteH

09.20 for Chester crew... see yall there :)
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

cbd

Massive turn out. Be good to watch video of it roll by.  Plenty tigers but only three steamers. Saw two heading south as I was heading home on motorway. Bounced down m18 a1 to boot but least ride attempt was bone dry. Any pics? Vids?

Bixxer Bob

Cracking day and great to see the gang again.  Looking forward to browsing You Tube for the the many vids being made. Organisation was top class and everyone behaved themselves so hopefully the record is on  :icon_biggrin:

Had a quiet ride home with not too much traffic but then a bit of fun in the last 7 miles.  I saw three sets of lights catching me fast just before the Swaffham roundabout. Front one looked like a 1050 Speed Triple.  I carried  a bit of speed into the roundabout but bearing in mind my new tyres hadn't been properly scrubbed so stayed wide on the left side in case he tried to duck under me and lay it over my front on the exit.  But he didn't so I thought, "Right then lets see what you've got"  he was going for it but couldn#t quite get on terms; the Explorer had the grunt up the hill to leave him behind.  It turned out he was going my way though and stopped alongside at the traffic lights in Swaffham.  He was laughing and shouted across, "I thought you were an 800, but when you fucked  off up the hill I realised it must be the 1200".   :*&*  He kept me honest all the way home although I wasn't pushing really hard.  AS I said, what a cracking day  :XXsunsmile
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

Well what a day! Over 677 Triumph riders registered for the record attempt but I think there must have been many more than that! :bug_eye
As well as that, even some of our old forum friends turned up to take part! (It was really good to see you guys! :notworthy)
The weather was kind to us  :*(for attempt at least!) and it all went off without any drama! :wings
So now we wait for the photographic evidence to be adjudicated by Guinness, unfortunately this is something that can take up to 4 weeks! :icon_rolleyes:
I've attached some photos from the event. (If the link works! :icon_scratch:) Thanks to Mr Stenhouse for the additional photos and when I get a chance, there'll be some video to follow as well!  :thumbsup Thanks to Sin for the coffee that well & truly got everyone's engines started up before we set off! :icon_cool: and Blacktiger for doing a sterling job of finding a pub for lunch. (Even if we did have to pay for parking! :icon_frown:)

I managed to meet up again with Rhys Lawrey who was there hoping to bag yet another world record to add to his collection! :icon_biggrin:
Once again, many thanks to the forum members that attended (you know who you are!) and everyone who showed up on the day to help try and break a world record but also to raise money for a very worthwhile charity!  :icon_salut: (The children's brain tumour research centre!) Jessica Simpkin, the young lady who's name fronts the charity even turned up to cheer us all on!  :><

The thought of those hundreds of riders coming from all over the country for this event is really amazing! Good on you lads and lassies a grand effort even if we don't break the record! :thumbsup

http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/Ivor_Mathias/library/

mat-tiger1