News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Smashed my tiger. What would you do now?

Started by Danwarb, April 04, 2017, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat61

Good that you're ok after the accident. I've hit a car almost head on with a sidecar and I was 'lights out' for at least 15-20 mins and still can't remember much about the crash.

Anyway, what I would have done?  If the insurance would have paid enough for the damaged Steamer, I would have saved it for spares, the engine itself at 12K would be worth saving. For quick sprag clutch cure just put in the spare engine  :occasion14

Other plan would have been to build an off-road Steamer or some kind of survival bike, a bit like 'MadMax' style.

Or then just repair it with some improvements and mods.

Steamer is a beautiful looking bike.  Modern bikes look like they are a hybrid of a pelican and vacuum cleaner.
Steamer 1998 British Racing Green

Tomcat61

Dan, there's one red Steamer on sale here in forum.  If you don't buy it, I might come across the Channel and take it to Finland  :occasion14

At £1500 it's cheap in Finnish standards  :icon_biggrin:
Steamer 1998 British Racing Green