News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A quick question

Started by tonytiger, November 29, 2017, 06:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonytiger

Is the front Drive Chain Sproget a left hand thread? :5moped

ssevy

No, but it's tighter than a crab's ass, and that's watertight, so it sure can feel like it's a left hand thread.
I have an old Black and Decker impact wrench that I use, but lacking access to one, have someone press the rear brake firmly, and use a breaker bar and give it a good "tunk" with a dead blow hammer or block of heavy wood.
If you already removed the chain, you'll need to remove the right hand engine cover and have someone hold that nut with a big breaker too.
Good luck!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

tonytiger

Thanks Ssevy I'll give that a go. I tried with an air impact wrench but it would not budge.

ssevy

Not to insult your intelligence, but did you peen back the lock washer?
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mustang

psssst ............................big fuckin ratchet and 4 foot long extension on the handle .
comes loose easy . :qgaraduate

JayDub

Soak it with penetrating oil and leave overnight, it'll make a big difference.

tonytiger

Yes I did Ssevy but thanks for asking.
Thats my next move mustang.
Ahead of you there Jaydub. But I'll leave it till Saturday.

tonytiger

tonytiger

At last it's loose. With my mate on the bike and pressing on the brake pedel (1st gear the back wheel turned. A hook screwed into the floor a rachet strap, long bar and sware words it came loose. Yahoo :5moped

Beernard

Yippee!! :>< Did you get a pic of the set-up? Although I do understand that when we are in such positions, photographic records are the last of our priorities even if they may prove priceless! Nice work, anyway.
Ripper, woke up again.

tonytiger

Ill post a photo between Christmas and New year Mother Inlaw alert :BangHead

tonytiger

Hello Beernard A bit late but, tread the strap through the loop down to the floor atatch to hook and ratchet away

Beernard

Thanks Tony. Not quite what I expected, but there you go!
Ripper, woke up again.

tonytiger

Some times the basic option is best.

tonytiger

Head off. The wet liners have brown rusty stains, on the outside and there is a bit of sludge in the corners but nothing else. :5moped