News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone Up For The Usual Weekend Tiger Meet

Started by aesdj, January 07, 2018, 07:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Personally I'd prefer this to be our event rather than sitting somewhere watching another event.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bluesprint05

North Yorkshire sounds great to me. Must pass through Goathland, nice pub, wonder if that barmaid with the kinky boots is still there.

Could stay at Pickering, but a bit dry and does smell of coal, due to the steam railway.

Alan

aesdj

Quote from: blacktiger on January 24, 2018, 01:53:10 PM
With regard to other towns to stay in. Why don't we go for a seaside holiday and stay in Whitby? Plenty of hotels. Plenty of places to eat and drink.

Whitby's fine with me. Looking at the hotels/B+B that you've found and I'm guessing with them all in Whitby, there's not many rooms per building so we'd have to meet up in a neutral location as it's looking like we'd be spread around which is no big deal. Think we really need to get a date sorted so we can book as I'm surpriced how full they seem to be getting.

Quote from: blacktiger on January 26, 2018, 11:10:11 PM
Personally I'd prefer this to be our event rather than sitting somewhere watching another event.

+1 to that.

JayDub

Time for a poll mods!
I can do most weekends ATM, though other obstacles may arise - but I'll be camping so not so much of a prob as with B&B bookings etc.
The 'Goffs' have their fun (but they won't admit it) 27-29th April so they'll long be home with their coffin handbags and Pentacles  :icon_wink:
I don't usually go near the seaside in Summer so that would be new  :m

Put me name down boys!

JayDub

Erm, ignore all that... It seems that I probably won't make this one after all :icon_confused:

Nick Calne

You what Jaydub? You gotta Go, it's in your Tigertriple contract! :m
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

Not much I can do in this case Nick, fate is in complete control  :icon_rolleyes:

Nick Calne

Ah fate. Tends to be a nob about things. Especially when you really don't need it to be.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

mat-tiger1

So, are we going for Whitby then? Is that the consensus of opinion?  :^_^

As for dates, i can do pretty much anything in the (so called) summer other than:-

25th May - 3rd June. (Ireland tour  :wheel) or 7th - 22nd of July as i'm working abroad those weeks.  :icon_sad:

If we can get some dates sorted sooner rather than later, i'll be in a better position to be able to get the time booked off!  :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

PeteH

Put me down for this one, cant make 1st and 2nd weeks in July tho, plus Ive gone soft and need a decent bed  :icon_wink:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

NKL

I can't make 6th to 14th July, away to the Alps
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

blacktiger

NKL

I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

blacktiger

BONANZA

Not posted on here for quite a while and don,t think I,ll be available for this (even though its just down the road) but if anyones looking for camping theres a small campsite in Whitby itself. Folly Gardens on Green Lane, the road which runs from the harbour side to the abbey. Never stayed there and don't know anything about it but it is very close to the town centre. Any info on roads and routes for a rideout give me a shout and I,ll try to steer you in the right direction. A good place for food is the Whistlestop café in Station Square, good food and very bike friendly. Hope its a help and anything else give me a shout.
Will
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple