News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Tigertriple Trip 2019 to Devon or that sort of direction tbc

Started by Nick Calne, February 12, 2019, 05:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Hi Chaps, sorry for the late arrival. I can't do the last weekend in June because I have been pencilled in for my Knee replacement on the 28th.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: blacktiger on April 25, 2019, 06:57:12 PM
Hi Chaps, sorry for the late arrival. I can't do the last weekend in June because I have been pencilled in for my Knee replacement on the 28th.

Sorry to hear that Blacktiger.  :icon_frown: But for the best i'm sure! Here's to a speedy recovery! :thumbsup

Anymore for anymore ladies & gents?  :m
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Nick Calne

Still haven't got a receipt or written confirmation from the plume of feathers.

Called them 3 times are we are confirmed just nothing to show just yet despite my £176 deposit for us.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

London_Phil

I booked after you all, and have heard nothing since.
It was the same when we went to Ireland. The B+B in Scotland  took the booking, and that was it, so maybe its not as connected, I'm sure the credit card machine was on a dial up modem....

Geoff W

Phil you need to get out of London more often. A lot of rural businesses around here don't take debit or credit cards as they cannot get a link to the internet. It is cash only once you are out of the towns and villages.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

London_Phil

As I'm likely to move to Somerset or Dorset in next couple of years, I need to know this stuff. I hear people on public transport talk to each other...... getting cold sweats just imagining it.....

Nick Calne

Well I have had a couple of chats with people about a route or the potential routes we might take..  This is the rough proposal and summary:

Friday - Ivor and Pete are coming down from the North and will meet Chris and I coming West from Wiltshire.  The rough plan is to run along the north coast road which is great, then drop down into Dartmoor.  Mostly fast A road stuff.  Anyone is welcome to join the entourage.  The rendezvous point is yet to be set but Chris did volunteer bacon sandwiches at his house just off the M4, J17, alternatively Fowlers in Bristol would be a good place to meet.
John Stenhouse and his missus are coming now so they'll probably join the party, Phil, Mark, Spud how about you guys?

Saturday - I did some research and picked up ABR route 45 which is in Dartmoor.  I added some bits to give it some length and came up with the attached as a first stab.  I think there is some refinement to be done, but as a start it looks good.  Some tight lanes, some open roads across the moors, some sights, lots of tors, lunch in a castle.  You can whizz round the KML file on google earth and get a feel for things.  The route includes the usuals including Postbridge clapper bridge, Haytor Quarry, Widecombe in the Moor, Castle Drogo, Lydford gorge and Brentor Church  Petrol in Bovey Tracey.

Sunday - I was thinking about whizzing down a little deeper into Cornwall perhaps Boscastle and Tintagel before heading home but that might not be convenient for those living many miles away.

Please let me know what you think.

Spud Murphy

I am looking at this, got family over from NZ at moment and also have a ich that won't go away called the "Lofoten Isle" I have an urge just to pack bike and go, I'm also looking at Spain later in the year. So will give you a shout soonest

cheers Spud  :rrr :thumbsup
WTF am I doing ?

PeteH

Looking good Nick, we did Dartmoor this weekend..well more travelled through, stopped at Warren House Inn for a warm, also most of it is 40 mph.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Lee337

Quote from: London_Phil on May 06, 2019, 04:37:20 PM
As I'm likely to move to Somerset or Dorset in next couple of years, I need to know this stuff. I hear people on public transport talk to each other...... getting cold sweats just imagining it.....

I grew up in the West Country & from memory talking to each other is not the only thing  :bug_eye
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

PeteH

Quote from: London_Phil on May 06, 2019, 04:37:20 PM
Imagine that, the great unwashed talking to each other....
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Nick Calne

It's getting close guys. I popped down there (3hrs away!) to check that the route wasnt completely cobblers. Rode a bit of it.  Seemed fine. Got cold for some reason, ventilated leather working too well I suspect, and came home.

The Plume are expecting us that have booked and there is still space for others in the bunk house and camping.

One good looking barmaid detected. She was daft as a brush mind.

Plenty of beer choice but nothing that fancy or noteworthy. Think Jail Ale, Doom bar etc...maybe 6 to chose from plus lagers.

Food is basic pub food.

Views where amazing though. :occasion14

London_Phil

GavD

Have fun chaps.

it's a trip to the theatre for me.

I know where I'd rather be :wheel

Make sure you post some pics.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S