News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Tigertriple Trip 2019 to Devon or that sort of direction tbc

Started by Nick Calne, February 12, 2019, 05:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Shall we have a vote on the matter and see what happens?  In the spirit of Jon Snow on channel 4 at election time...your candidates are:

1st-2nd June (UKIP) - Likely to be very popular in Devon, no idea what will happen after a vote. May involve casual racism.

8th-9th June (Lab) - Utter madness, start to finish, bitter recriminations and 10 years of austerity to follow.

15th -16th June (Lib) - Middle ground, might be boring. Unlikely anyone will vote for this option.

22nd-23rd June (Cons) - Trip likely to cost more than you are told. If someone's bike breaks down you get means-tested as to whether the group will help you fix it.

29th-30th June (DUP) - May result in heated arguments about border crossings, followed by a parade through a non-motorbiking part of the nearest town.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

aesdj

:icon_lol: like it but anyway back to the task in hand. Can do all of June but around the middle would be preferred. About mid point from getting the bike on the road after 2 years and the family holiday mid August.

mat-tiger1

Gone for 8-9 but can do any apart from 22-23.  :thumbsup
BTW, Father's Day is on the 16th if that's an issue for anyone?  :^_^
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

threepot

Would it be advisable to contact the venue HockleyBoy suggested to check availability first?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

Threepot, just checked their website.  There are 10 rooms on a b&b basis, 38 bunkhouse beds and room for 75 tents and 10 motor homes! To book rooms you have to email with details which we don't have until people pick a date and confirm their availability. You cant book camping. It's pay and play on the day. I'll call tomorrow them but I'm sure it'll be fine whenever we go. Pick a date! :occasion14

PeteH

Just gonna sit on this here fence as anytime in June will do just fine  :thumbsup
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Lee337

My sister gets married on 15th in Devon, so will be there anyway. Mrs L's sister is also expecting us in Southend the same weekend for her wedding anniversary, so I think I'll be a little too busy to ride anywhere.

I'll just see what the majority comes up with & negotiate a weekend pass if I can make it.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Nick Calne

I have spoken to the Plume of Feathers.  If we want to get a group booking in for say 10 in the bunkhouse and a couple of campers it would be useful to get our booking confirmed by the end of next month.  At present there are no substantial bookings and we are free to choose.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

PeteH

So far we have the 1 - 2 and 29 - 30 that all who have replied can attend... cant see the vote so cant comment on that.

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Nick Calne

PeteH

Quote from: Nick Calne on February 15, 2019, 09:59:27 PM
Can't see the vote Pete? :^_^
Because I didn't click on the see results button  :*&*

Plus the vote doesn't reflect the dates that people can attend only their preferred dates...so we may need a second vote  :rfl

Nick Calne

Quote from: PeteH on February 15, 2019, 01:49:52 AM
So far we have the 1 - 2 and 29 - 30 that all who have replied can attend... cant see the vote so cant comment on that.

Anyone unable to do the 29-30th?

Also would anyone like to plan or help plan the ride out route? I don't mind popping down to do some research rides if anyone is interested in coming along.

If someone lives nearer and can do it all that would be excellent.

Nick Calne