News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tiger vibrating

Started by malc, January 02, 2006, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malc

was talking to another 06 owner today who is very happy with his bike apart from he gets a really bad vibation on the left hand grip & its worse with the bar end weights on so he,s removed them.

It also knocks when he goes over speed humps or slight bumps & the mechanic @ dealer says that all tigers do that yet mine does not.

Now I have no bother at all yet he has spoken to other owners & they reckon its a common thing on the tigers Ive not heard anything.

hes running michelin anakees n done 4500miles
its grrreaaattttttttt

Sofalofa2005

Hi malc,

No problems  whatsoever with vitration, but my forks knock when I go over a sharp bump etc...

Have a look further down the forum, there was a big discussin about it a month or two  ago... I think someone came up with the cause... Nothing to be worried about hence I haven't bothered doing anything about it

Aussie Tiger

Glad to hear that yours is immune to the knocking noise.  Some apparently don't but most of the 05-06 models do.  The sound is nothing to worry about, just a Tiger peculiarity. For more info on this check out this thread:

http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1751

It's a long discussion with a solution at the end. :lol:

As for the vibration, mine has a little at around 90 klm/h but I certainly wouldn't call it excessive.  If I was him, I'd be talking to the mechanics at the dealer.  The 06 is supposed to have less vibrations than previous models due to small changes to the inner workings of the motor.  Having said that, I wouldn't have said that the previous models were all that bad either. :-k
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Never regret growing old...Its a privilege not afforded to many!

stanegoli

I have an '06 with 1900 miles on it.

So far no vibrations, and no knock.

greg

I have an 04, no vibrations noticed at all.
2004 Girly.

Bob Burnett

I have an 06 Tiger with 2900 miles on it and it clonks like a bastard.

My 2000 tiger had about 28000 miles on it and was sweet, I as yet have not carried out any investigation other than mentioning  it at the 500 mile service where the techie said that he had inspected all of the front end and could find no fault.

No mention of the fact that they all do that Sir, which obviously they all do.

My theory is that if you lengthen the iner steel tubes or put a couple of spacer washers inside the sliders this may work.

I find the clunk/rattle sounds louder when the forks are un-loaded as opposed to when they are under compression.

On another note my right hand side foot peg mounting bracket has worked loose 2 times in the time I have had the bike even after applying Loctite ???  I have noe cured the problem by putting nyloc nuts on the end of the screws.

Bob
2006 Black Tiger

Bling Bling If it\'s Stainless Steel Polish it, If it,s not then replace it

tigerowner_ut

My 99 vibrated bad until I put on new tires.  Are your tires cupped or out of balance?  This can cause your problem.
Cheers,

David

99 Yellow Tiger: Triumph Exhaust, Heated Grips, Cee Bailey +6 Windscreen, Rick Mayer Saddle, Metzler Tourance Tires, Happy-Trail Panniers.

03 WR450 (lots of mods)

86 TT350 (the tank....Gone)

malc

he sorted it it was the left hand engine mounting loose (the 2 that bolt to the head) he has torqued them up & no probs now. engine mounts loose on a new bike shoddy mechanic in my opinion
its grrreaaattttttttt