News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Normandy 6th June

Started by Clemski, May 16, 2006, 06:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clemski

Hi fellow Tiger riders,

Me and a mate, both on Tigers, are going out to Normandy, France on the 3rd of june coming back on the 8th. We're going to look around the battlefield sites, and other associated places of intrest, hopefully covering plenty of miles and drinking lots of beer. Just wondered if any of you chaps were out that way at that time. Maybe meet up and have a mini Tiger rally.

Cheers Clemski :lol:
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

Brother Number One

Tis a nice thing to do and quite moving.

Shan't be able to join you as a shall be elsewhere and I don't have a mini Tiger.  :wink:
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Clemski

Yep, it's something I've been meaning to do for some time, and I see what you mean, mines not a mini either, hope yor trips going well,

cheers clemski

Chris Canning

The problem with going there are just so many things to see,be it the beachs or inland to Falaise,but when you go to Omaha beach and see how far the sea is from cliff tops gods knows what the troops must have gone through,the American cemetry is a wonderfull place to visit,but very upsetting,when you see grave stones with New Mexico on,a long way to come to killed on a beach in Europe.

kevm

bosun

as kev says, a few of us from t595.net are going out there june 1 til the 4th.

i've just read the book about pegasus bridge & can't wait to go there now.

we also go to ypres for armistace day. very moving.

Clemski

Hi there,

We're travelling on the overnight ferry on the 3rd and staying in a BB in Normandy until the 7th, like you I'm looking forward to going to Pegasus bridge, apparently the cafe at the end of the bridge, the same lady who was there in 1944 still owns it. We went to the Theipval memorial and Ypres last year to see my grandads brothers name inscribed on the memorial, very moving.

krull

I'll be there but a week later, on my way back from Bilbao. :)

Jim S

Sorry guys, I'm planning on coming back that way from the Stella Alpina rally in Italy around the 10th/11th of July. I'd love to meet up but can't afford two trips to mainland Europe this summer!

Best of luck on your trip though.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

tiger feet

Yes I would have loved to come along, but can't get out of work as my colleage is off then so I'll have to work :(

Another time time maybe?

Regards,

Tiger Feet.
Four wheels good, two wheels better, three wheels accident!

Clemski

Hi ya,

maybe we should try and arrange something for next year, plenty of time to organise, what do you think :P

Quote from: "Clemski"Hi ya,

maybe we should try and arrange something for next year, plenty of time to organise, what do you think :P

I'd prefer a Tiger assault on the Steela Alpina. 1st Sunday in July.

Brother Number One

If we get a UK/Euro event organised for next summer, I'm prepared to be really enthusiastic about it all year then back out at the last minute.

:D
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Clemski

hi ya,

whats the Steela Alpina, if we could get enough intrest for that one, we could go for it :P

tiger feet

Perhaps an mini Tiger gathering in the UK first so we can get together and talk through some ideas :?:

Email is all very well but you don't get the chain reaction of meeting face to face :idea:

We're not that far from the holiday season now so what about something September/October when things settle down again :idea:

Regards,

Tiger Feet.
Four wheels good, two wheels better, three wheels accident!