News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch problems

Started by houdini, May 30, 2006, 11:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

houdini

Hi everyone,

Odd question hope someone can help.

Problem I have is i can only work a clutch lever with my little finger (!) as I don't have the other three (sure they are round 'ere somewhere). Anyway been riding a 125 with an easy clutch from Demon Tweeks which is fine for cable systems.

Doing my DAS next week and so sure I'm going to pass I've gone out and bought a Triumph Tiger 900 that has a hydraulic clutch. Ive bought adjustable levers for it which brings it back a bit but its bleedin heavy!

So (finally) my quastion is:

Can you use lighter DOT fluid to lighten the action?

Fit a larger reservoir?

Fit shims to bring the lever back further?

Any suggestions would be helpful, why I bought such a big bike being a shortarse baffles even me, but Ive lifted the forks a bit through the yokes and dropped the rear so I can tipitoe at the lights!

Cheers :wink:  :D

Brother Number One

I don't think lighter fluid will make any difference.  I'd think about a longer lever, perhaps.  Good news is that you can probably change up without the clutch a lot of the time.

Finger loss does give you an unfair weight advantage  :wink:
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Not much help I know now that you've already bought the bike BUT...the later Tigers do have a cable clutch. Sell the steamer and get a later one then fit your "easy clutch" device.