News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Love this bike

Started by BIG BILL, June 09, 2006, 09:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG BILL

I have been out all day on this bike and I can honestly say I love it, One problem I have is a few rust spots on the panier hangers is this normal I thought they were alloy? It is not too much a prob as i can fix it?

Cheers BIG BILL  Still smiling :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

Jim S

Hi Bill,

I've an 04 Tiger, the release handles for the luggage are getting a bit flaky and rust is appearing. I haven't spoken to Triumph but as the warranty ran out two months ago I think they'll be uninterested. Otherwise the bike is still as clean as new. That and the leaking I think the luggage is a bit of a let down really, especially at the cost.

I've had Givi and Nonfango luggage in the past and had no complaints but first trip with the Tiger and I get soaking wet clothes. I'll have a poke about with the silicon gun this week as I'm off to Italy next month and could do without another soaking!

Otherwise I'm delighted with the bike, I've done over 2,000 miles and just love riding it. Overall, the finish looks good and believe they're well enough made. The tour to Italy will be the big test.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

tigerrob1090

Hiya just passing on a tip given to me ...when you are not useing your luggage dont leave it fully closed it flattens the seals  leave them on loose catch & and the seals retain there shape...they keep more water out... 8)
tiger time not work time..........!

greg

To help with crrosion problems I recommend regular dosings of Scottoiler F365 - EVERYWHERE except brakes, unless you crave that extra little bit of excitement.
2004 Girly.

JRO

Quote from: "tigerrob1090"Hiya just passing on a tip given to me ...when you are not useing your luggage dont leave it fully closed it flattens the seals  leave them on loose catch & and the seals retain there shape...they keep more water out... 8)

Are you kidding?

I can see it, now - I jump on the bike, and the side doors blow off, when I hit 80.
JRO

2006 Tiger

tigerrob1090

I said when you are ...not... useing your luggage mine,s on the shelf in the garage....colonials.....
tiger time not work time..........!

Brother Number One

Quote from: "Jim S"The tour to Italy will be the big test.

Umbria was the best bit for me.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Jim S

I'm heading down to the Stella Alpina rally in July, I'm going to launch the Tiger up the mountain and see how high it'll run up the Alps. The mountain goes around 3500m above sea level so should be thin on air?  :lol:

I'm touring from Scotland two up with full luggage so I reckon by then I'll either love it or hate it! It should also be a good test for the luggage. I'll let everyone know how I got on, round trip around 3000 miles.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade