News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 2000 ??

Started by lihan, December 04, 2006, 03:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lihan

Hi guys,

i'm new on the website and love all the information on it. Some really useful information.

I bought a 2000 tiger and being in Cape Town, South Africa the bike is not as well known and "popular" as overseas. It got about 43 000 km on the clock and its still running like a dream.

What is the general feeling about the bikes motor? What sort of life will i be able to still get out of the motor before it will be a good time to sell again? The serivice is required at 10 000 km intervals but should i service it more often since its got high kilo's?

Regards

Lihan

iansoady

If you do a search here and on http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=index&vcat=8 for "high mileage" you will find several people have pretty big trouble-free distances covered.

The only worry with a used bike is that you don't know what the previous rider was like. According to a recent article in one of the UK mags, a common cause of failure is thrashing the bike when the engine's cold. Mind you that will wreck almost anything.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650