News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new guy here....

Started by grumpy, February 01, 2007, 09:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumpy

hi guys, in 36 hours i`ll be collecting my 1st tiger!!

i`ve just had a very happy 6 1/2 year relationship with my honda st 1100, preceded by a couple of yamaha tdm 850`s but i`m really looking forward to the tiger :wink:

i`ve researched as much as i can in the last couple of months and believe i`ve opted for a bike that most owners think is "not bad" !! (only joking)

i`m sure i`ll be back later asking for tips and info, but thought i`d introduce myself first.

cheers for now,

paul
the older i get, the faster i was

zadok_oz

Welcome to the site grumpy. I'm quite new here myself, having gone from a poor man's ST1100 (Kawasaki GTR1000), to the beautiful Tiger.

I'm originally from Chocolate City.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Advwannabe

Welcome Grumpy,

These folk have experience and opinions to burn so you will enjoy yourself both here and on your Tiger.

I'd be curious to know, after you've got used to your new ride, how you think it compares to your TDMs. They always looked like a good idea, but I couldn't get my head around the styling. They don't sell a lot here in Oz but I've found the owners love them and are fiercely loyal.

Enjoy!
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

grumpy

hi guys,

thanks for the replies but i think i may be accused of being an imposter now as i decided at the last minute not to go ahead with the purchase of the tiger :shock:

it was at the back of my mind all week that the top heavy characteristics combined with my not too generous inseam measurement  could be a short cut to disaster and the sensisble thing to do was to err on the side of caution.

on the upside, i`ve managed to get hold of a tdm 900 which is deffo a lot more suitable for me. they never caught on in the uk compared to mainland europe, but they are a capable all rounder, albeit with rather soft suspension and a notchy gearbox. i`ve been from the uk to the portuguese algarve, 2 up plus luggage with no problems at all :D

i`ll continue to be a tiger fan, and everytime i see one i`ll probably say..."i almost had one of those" :D

enjoy YOUR tigers and stay safe

best regards,

paul
the older i get, the faster i was

wasions

Yev only added insurance to yer 'Grumpy' tag.

Now, you'll never know . . . .

:wink:
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Welcome.

I've had my Tiger for 4 years and think it's still a great ride. Hope you find the same.