News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Todays MCN

Started by Chris Canning, March 28, 2007, 08:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Interesting article in todays MCN comparing the new 1050 Tiger against the the Bennelli Tre-K,the Triumph got the nod,but was the slower of the two top end,while the Tiger was better at top gear roll on's,two 3 cylinder motors with different ideas!!!

wasions

Hmmm.  Looked, but didn't find.

Can ya relay a linky?

Thanks.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

JRO

The Benelli is a cool-looking bike, and a little more HP never hurt anything.  I wish anyone interested in one the best of luck with price, maintainence, and reliabilty, though.  My bet is, that after owning it for a month, they'll be too broke and/or humiliated from purchase price, maint. cost, and repairs to be able to afford the rising cost of a tankfull of gas...

... So, in the end, I'm going to always have more 'top end'.
JRO

2006 Tiger

ChrisN

I was sorely tempted by the Tre-K and took a real close look at it at the Manchester show in January and the Benelli dealer (KJM) is located just 2 miles from where I live! But in the end I had doubts about reliability and tourability so I decided to hold on to the Tiger for another year.

The Tre-K is one tasty looking beast but would you mix Italian and Chinese food?
Chris

Chris Canning

I guess at some time Benelli either will or have turned the corner with the Chinese backing,you just have to look at Skoda as to what can be done,it's takeing that leap of faith thats the problem,although trying to source spares when you out in the middle of nowhere in Europe could be fun!!!,haveing said that i've been there done that with my Tiger,and couldn't get spares for that either!!.

Advwannabe

Given the financial strength and determination of both the Chinese and Koreans Benelli will be a good bet pretty soon. Its still a leap of faith now though.

I wonder how the first lot of Hinkley Triumph purchasers felt?
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Chris Canning

One thing certain buy a Benelli it's made in Italy,buy a Triumph you never know were it was made!!!,the days of Hinkley makeing e'm all is long gone.

ChrisN

Quote from: "Chris Canning"One thing certain buy a Benelli it's made in Italy,buy a Triumph you never know were it was made!!!,the days of Hinkley makeing e'm all is long gone.

But so long as John Bloors penthouse suite is located in Hinkley, us Brits can blindly reassure ourselves its not far to travel to vent any ill feeling face to face  :shock:
Chris