News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Iron Butt?

Started by TriumphTengu, November 20, 2007, 03:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

The partial dirt 1000 miler you did sounds awesome, Adv.  I read a report one time of a group that did a 'Dusty Buns 1000'...that would be awesome.  Almost like the Baja 1000 I guess...just less speed  :D

Here in the northeast US it would be impossible, though...just not enough dirt around anymore.  Maybe up in Canada or out west...
\'96 Steamer

pit0rz

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Just thought I'd revive this one. After Stretch talked about getting his ride certified I got thinking.... just sending the paperwork from my ride off today.

I like that Corbin on your FJ Pitortz, the standard seat plus a sheepskin on Frank grew teeth about an hour after each fuel stop.

Thanks, that's actually my 'old' one.  I bought it in '86 and it has somewhere in the neighborhood of 75K miles on it.  Still looks and feels great.  I actually noticed a tiny tear underneath where the seat rubs on the frame rail.  I met Mike Corbin at the Americade in Lake George back in '88 and showed him the seat.  He took out a business card and wrote on the back "Replace this FJ seat at anytime if tear expands".  Signed it and shook my hand.  Now, I never tried to do anything with that card because the tear never got any worse in almost 20 years.  Seemed like a nice stand up guy though.
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Advwannabe

Pitortz, I had to wait 12 months for a cheap Corbin to turn up for Tigger, I can be very patient  8)

Mudhen if you want to do a 'dusty buns', Oz is the place. My ride took in a section of the Gibb River road in the Kimberly region of Australia. Its about 800k (500miles) of dirt. There are other stretches of desert road over here like the Tanamai Track which are over 1000km of dirt.

The dirt roads in Oz are generally open and fast, but often heavily corregated. You can feel the damping in your shock heating and letting go after about 30 minutes. The shock recovered when I got back on the bitumen, but that's not much help! I'd like to include the Tanamai or the Birdsville track next time, but I'll buy a new shock with a big remote reservoir first!
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180