News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New to site w/ a few questions.

Started by Captscottreeh, January 30, 2008, 12:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captscottreeh

Yall guys have an awesome site!I'm new to the Tiger but not Triumph.I've been on triumphrat for over a year and am glad I found yall since this is the first Tiger I have owned.
First off I'll introduce myself.I'm Scott and live on the Texas GulfCoast.I purchased a 1999 885i Tiger last week.I've already done about 400 miles of different rideing.Two-up,solo,paved and unpaved!Man.....I'm impressed w/ the capability of the Tiger.
I ordered Mas crashbars ( got the last set they had ) Saturday and bought a tank bag off Ebay.
Can someone direct me as to who carries exhaust cans for a 1999 model other than Thunderbike?I've been searching the web since last week and am about to pull my hair out.Thanks for all that reply!

Oh....one more question.How many rpms does the 19t front sprocket drop the rpms?

P.S. This was the bike on craigslist Houston.It had 2500 org miles!I got a helluva deal!
Deep in the heart of Texas!

Stretch

Click here for information regarding the Riders of the Lost Empire pipe...
http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4045

At 70 MPH, my 19t front sprocket dropped the engine RPM by about 500.

Any particular reason you don't like the Thunderbike pipe?  By all accounts, it's a pretty nice one.

pit0rz

Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

blacktiger

Welcome.

The 19t sprocket drops the revs 450~500 rpms. So you get 50mph@3000, 65@4000, 80@5000, 95@6000. It does just enough to make the bike feel less busy but the engine has enough torque to cope easily.

As for the exhaust you might want to look at the Triumph "off road" pipes. They're fully stainless steel and are a good price and will, obviously, fit straight on.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.