News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Carb diagnosis question on my 96

Started by Dr. Mordo, June 06, 2008, 10:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Mordo

Yeah, I got a similar thing recently from a Triumph Dealership mechanic who didn't know about all the sprag clutch issues the Steamers had.  He made some comment about, "well, you know sometimes that stuff on the internet..."
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

nightrunner

+1  When I bought mine it had the DAR noise.  Local Triumph dealer told me they are just noisy engines and not to worry about it.   Joined a chat group and learned about DAR.  Years later I mention it to the head mechanic at another local Triumph dealer.  He hadn't heard of it either and of course warned me of BS on the net.  Oh yeah, this same guy told me that bikes run better with lean factory jetting.   :lol:
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

Mudhen

I think we're the best buncha g'damn Steamer mechanics on the planet!

Well...Mustang is...but we'll all back him up. :wink:
\'96 Steamer

Stretch

Internet rumors...

That's what I thought about most of the whining from BMW owners until I met up with two guys in Alaska that were trying to get their final drives rebuilt before they ran out of vacation days.

A number of guys reporting the same thing (based on their own experience) isn't internet rumor, it's a consensus.