News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Long shot, looking for Touratech or other bashplate

Started by flux, April 08, 2008, 11:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flux

I figure this is a long shot but worth a try.  I need to find some proper protection for an 02 and one of the last things I need is an aftermarket bashplate.  If anyone has one they are for some reason no longer using please hit me up.

Thanks

Stretch

Too bad you don't have a GS.  There are LOTS of unused GS skidplates out there.  :mrgreen:

Mustang

Quote from: "Stretch"Too bad you don't have a GS.  There are LOTS of unused GS skidplates out there.  :mrgreen:
aint that the truth  :ImaPoser

flux

Quote from: "Stretch"Too bad you don't have a GS.  There are LOTS of unused GS skidplates out there.  :mrgreen:

If I was you I would just make me one.   8)

Stretch

The Stretchatech was a royal pain in the butt to mock up and build.

Fair warning... if you insist on one, it will look suspiciously like a Touratech, right down to the box and instructions in Deutsch.  :mrgreen:

sanjoh

Quote from: "Stretch"Fair warning... if you insist on one, it will look suspiciously like a Touratech, right down to the box and instructions in Deutsch.  :mrgreen:

Hopefully without the associated price tag!   I recently bought a TT due to the risk of getting stranded in the sticks!  335 for some tig welded aluminum, steel bars that didn't fit my 01.  Grinder and BFH finally got it to fit.

Good Luck
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

Stretch

Oh yeah, with the price tag, plus a bit for my trouble.  :mrgreen:

flux

Well, I was looking for a cheaper solution than a new TT plate, which is why I was looking for a used one.  Not too many on the market.  Does anyone even make one other than TT (or Stretch?  :lol: )

WIDGIN

Someone modified a KLR plate to work on a Tiger.  If you could stand to have real cheapness attached to your Tiger, do a search on the various sites.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

flux

Quote from: "WIDGIN"Someone modified a KLR plate to work on a Tiger.  If you could stand to have real cheapness attached to your Tiger, do a search on the various sites.

Thanks for the tip dude I will try to find it.

Stretch

I think it was Sasquatch.  Some fabricating was required to build brackets for it.

abruzzi

There are a couple of other bash plates, but amazingly enough the TT is the cheapest I know of.  You can also try Thunderbike:

http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/  at $694  

Or this one at $515 Euros:

http://www.desertstorm-bike.de/

Geof

flux

Holy shit these jokers are pricey!  I need to get into the fabrication biz!!!

John Stenhouse

There are so few about it seems because the press(jokers) think Tigers can't go off road!  :lol:

SHH! I know we know better!

What is on the market is therefore rather expensive  :(
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

John Stenhouse

I must say I love the desert storm one it looks fab, but there's no way I would pay 550 euros for one though.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting