News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

'98 Steamer for Sale

Started by tigerrider, July 07, 2008, 08:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerrider

FOR SALE: 1998 Triumph Tiger
$3100 obo

Bought New in June of '99. It's a one owner machine.
+ Metzler Tourances (Front should get replaced soon)
+ Corbin Saddle and stock saddle
+ Triumph branded Givi rack and side bags, included the 45l top box.
+ Spare tank included. (the spare has 1 spinning insert but seems solid otherwise)
+ Rejetted carbs done several years ago at a one time highly regarded Ducati/Triumph shop
+ OEM Triumph Center stand in a box, OEM back rack that was replaced with the Givi unit.
+ Tool kit, factory owners manual, Factory Reppair manual on CD
+ Located just a bit northwest of Atlanta, GA in Roswell.
+ Traxxion serviced and rebuilt suspension last Fall. This means new springs front and rear. Gold Valve emulators on the front and rebuilt res. for the rear.
+Recent oil chance. Nuthin but Mobil1 always.
+Recent Valve check (2-3 months back, 600 miles ago)
+Starts everytime, bike is ready to go.
+Powerbronze windscreen and stock screen

- Lost the front 5 years ago in a newly resurfaced parking lot, put a ding in the muffler cover (hard to see where the luggage rack is) and slightly modified a top plastic piece. Will be adding more pics soon.

Lostviking

Sent you a PM. Interested in your bike.
Find A Way

Stretch

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!    :cry:

tigerrider

Quote from: "Stretch"SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!    :cry:

You ain't the only one crying..it's like family ya know. :(

Here are pics taken last night showing with and without luggage and to point out the only cosmetic issues. Just a few scuffs on the left.

Mudhen

Quote from: "Lostviking"Sent you a PM. Interested in your bike.

What are you trying to do, corner the Steamer market?
\'96 Steamer

Lostviking

Thought about setting one up for dirt and one all pretty for touring. I like the idea of being able to swap parts if need be.
Find A Way

Mudhen

Quote from: "Lostviking"Thought about setting one up for dirt and one all pretty for touring. I like the idea of being able to swap parts if need be.

Mmmmm....I'd love to do that, too...
\'96 Steamer

Mustang

Quote from: "Mudhen"
Quote from: "Lostviking"Thought about setting one up for dirt and one all pretty for touring. I like the idea of being able to swap parts if need be.

no you would'nt ........ :wink:

Mudhen

Quote from: "Mustang"

Come on...all you know about Steamers is from taking care of TWO!  I learn by doing...and I have a short memory span...so I probably need 3 to really know anything at all.
\'96 Steamer

Mustang

Quote from: "Mustang"

Come on...all you know about Steamers is from taking care of TWO!  I learn by doing...and I have a short memory span...so I probably need 3 to really know anything at all.
move along ..nothing to see here ... :ImaPoser
I need triplets !

Lostviking

Guys, I'm out of the running. Just mailed a check off to secure a pristine 2000 Guzzi Quota. Black like the Tiger. Fly & Ride coming up next week.

Don't want to hijack this thread,

I spoke to the owner of this tiger he was very forthcoming with info about the bike. I believe it to be solid and a great deal.

This would be all over If I had not been longing to taste some Italian Kool-Aid.

Now all I have to do is explain to the Bride why I have two Black bikes torn apart in my garage that I can't get stuff for. But man, they are both works of art.

Good Luck With Your Sale;
Find A Way

Mustang

anybody home here with the bike for sale ,  :icon_scratch

tigerrider

Quote from: "Mustang"anybody home here with the bike for sale ,  :icon_scratch

sorry, was out of town...replied to PM!

Now 12 hours driving in 2 days...I gotta lay down a bit.

Mudhen

Quote from: "Mustang"anybody home here with the bike for sale ,  :icon_scratch

Holy crap...I thought you were joking!
\'96 Steamer

Mustang

no I'm dead fookin serious ,  :eusa_dance  :thumbsup