News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

test low fuel sensor....?

Started by tattyTigger, July 07, 2008, 10:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tattyTigger

ok, I am rapidly falling into the trap of fixing stuff since I got the tank and fairing off, so far fixed spin tank captured bolts, speedo cable and choke cable, I going to replace the airbox since I have already being sucked into buying one, only to find out I need to remove the carbs  :shock:  :roll:

...since I also am going to replace the spark plugs I kinda feel it would just be easier to drop the engine out  :roll:

...anyway, my low fuel light doesn't work I assume the sensor is shot, I tried to test it by hooking it up to a battery and light, light works put the sensor in the circuit light goes out  :? , is this sensor just a switch and it should complete the circuit in the absence of any fuel?

JetdocX

I've never seen mine, but it should be a float switch.  

If you unplug it and jumper the plug terminals, the low fuel light comes on?  If so, then the switch is suspect.

Mine comes on when I have about 1.5 gallons remaining.  I hit reserve at about 1/2 gallon remaining.
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Both of ours come on at around 150-170 miles and reserve doesn't happen until 235 - 260 miles !
I use it more for letting me know it's time for a break !  :D

tattyTigger

loooking at the wiring diagram, it's only a float switch, but it doesn't work, I assume it's regular fault, I have a spare tank and that one doesn't work either, but I stick to using the trip meter Triumph UK want £80 GBP for a new one  :shock: