News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Panniers

Started by dazco, July 21, 2008, 09:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazco

Ill be heading out on the new Tiger in a couple of weeks , :5moped  just for a weekend. :D  :D  
I cant afford any hard panniers,  :( so are there any soft fabric types that any of you have used that are ok and do the job.
 im just a bit concerned about the high exhaust and the temperature burning through the material.
Thanks Daz
There is a fine line between genius and insanity, ive just crosed it.

HockleyBoy

Don't know what soft panniers are available but its worth keeping an eye on ebay for some hard ones, been quite a few on there recently.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

TigerTrax

Whoa...
If your exhaust is that hot..... I wouldn't leave town!

You'll be fine. In fact you have a better opportunity of burning/melting the fabric on soft bags.

Just go.... you'll be fine.
Your rt side bag will get a little warm.... so put your Hershey bar in the left side bag!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

armadillo76

I was going to suggest Aerostich's dry bag saddle bags as I always liked the look of them for soft luggage. However, it says 4" clearance between pipes to prevent melting.
Maybe something to insulate the pipe? Dunno. All my softbag experience involved bikes with low pipes.
Or you could just travel wicked light and bungie everything to the seat! This is why top boxes are great on ANY bike! Had a borrowed Transalp I put a GIVI adaptor plate on. Worked great for me. When my friend needed it back he took the bag off because "it looked gay (no offense, his words)." But then I hear he mounted the bag from his wife's BMW because apparently they are good for locking helmets and rain gear and beer, etc in.
Oh well, none of that helps you and GIVI bags are pretty pricey new.
Good luck, AndyB NH.

HockleyBoy

A big but cheap topbox may do you for a weekend trip. Have a look at these ones Busters have.

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=TB26L

There is a 26 Litre and a 46 Litre which is £49.

You probably cant get soft panniers for much less.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

dazco

" then I hear he mounted the bag" I was wondering where you were going with this bit :lol:
Like the look of those top boxes and at that price cant realy go wrong.
Looks like topbox then bungeeing everything else in front on the rear seat pad.
Cheers
There is a fine line between genius and insanity, ive just crosed it.

armadillo76

Quote from: "dazco"" then I hear he mounted the bag" I was wondering where you were going with this bit :lol:
Like the look of those top boxes and at that price cant realy go wrong.
Looks like topbox then bungeeing everything else in front on the rear seat pad.
Cheers