News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

95 Tiger Steamer

Started by Bandit33, September 05, 2008, 12:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit33

Hi guys, new here.  Just acquired a 95 Steamer......it had low mileage and was in great shape.....could not resist: my first European bike....

[/img]

[/img]

Don
95 Tiger

Stretch

Looks well cared for.  Love the color.  

Welcome aboard!

HockleyBoy

Nice looking bike, hope you enjoy it.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bandit33

Thanks, have put about 500 miles on it since I got it.  Now need to get some "action" shots of it.  Have enjoyed it so far......it is somewhat different from my V-Strom and DR650.....

Don
95 Tiger

steammoto

Welcome. Bike looks to be in great shape, how many miles on the odom?

I've been considering the vstrom as a possible addition or replacement, a comparo of the V to the tiger would be appreciated.

And you are most likely aware of this but if not be sure battery is not weak and use the choke when starting the bike. Enjoy the new ride.
1995 Steamer Diablo

Bandit33

Actually, the bike only had about 8300 miles on it,.....must admit that a low mileage bike makes me nervous.  In this case the previous owner had a bunch of bikes and he only rode this one occasionally.   So far, it seems to be working out well, it seems to run really well.  The vinyl on the seat was in bad shape and I have already had it recovered.
Comparing the V strom DL1000 to the tiger:  Power seems about equal, I get much more fuel mileage on the Strom though, about 50 mpg for it (that overdrive 6th gear makes a difference) and so far about 36 for the Tiger......(hopefully going up a tooth on the front sprocket will help with that).  Less windshield buffeting from the Tiger.   Seat comfort is about the same for long rides....a little more leg-room on the Strom.  Not sure which is more dirt road worthy; have not really had the Tiger offroad yet.  The Strom has only been down relatively smooth dirt roads.  I suspect the Tiger might be better on the dirty stuff compared to the V.  So far really enjoying the Tiger, hope to get it out on some longer rides.
95 Tiger

aeronca

sweet machine, you've got the fastest and best color :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

Quote from: "aeronca"sweet machine, you've got the fastest and best color :D

steammoto

Bandit33 thanks for the insight.

I think you will like the 19T up front, smooths out the vibes. Besides changing out the counter sprocket will provide you the opportunity to clean out all the muck that has accumulated inside the cover.   :)
1995 Steamer Diablo

CrazyTed

I have a 97 Tiger.  How hard is it to get to the front sprocket?  I looks like I have to take off the shifter and the clutch master cylinder appears to be in the way.  Anybody shed some light on that?
CrazyTed
Va Beach, VA
97 Tiger 885 Chili Pepper Red
06 KTM 450 EXC

Mustang

Quote from: "CrazyTed"I have a 97 Tiger.  How hard is it to get to the front sprocket?  I looks like I have to take off the shifter and the clutch master cylinder appears to be in the way.  Anybody shed some light on that?

See this http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/msg,31551#31551

JetdocX

Welcome!  Purty bloo Tigger ya got there. :D

The Green ones are more faster, though. :P
From parts unknown.

Bandit33

So, putting the 19 tooth front sprocket on would lower the rpms down about how much?....say at 70 mph?......about 400 or so rpms?

Does anyone ever change out the rear sprocket with one with fewer teeth, say go down 2 or 3 teeth?

Don
95 Tiger

Mustang

Quote from: "Bandit33"So, putting the 19 tooth front sprocket on would lower the rpms down about how much?....say at 70 mph?......about 400 or so rpms?

Does anyone ever change out the rear sprocket with one with fewer teeth, say go down 2 or 3 teeth?

Don

You could go with a 45 tooth rear but you may have to take two links out of the chain .
And yep pretty much 4-500 rpm for 1 tooth on the front a 19 would yeild approx 3500 rpm at 60-65 mph  :5moped

atokad

Quote from: "Stretch"Looks well cared for.  Love the color.  

Welcome aboard!

Ooohhh, nice!!  I happen to like that color very much too!  :lol: