News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tires?

Started by JetdocX, October 08, 2008, 08:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Well, it's a done deal.  Cos sold me his Conti Trail Attacks for cost.  Thanks brudda Cos!

Yanked the wheels off a couple days ago and took them to the shop for mounting.  $5 per wheel?  How does that even work? :?

I plan to take them up the Dog Valley road as soon as I get them back to scrub them in and check the dirt-worthiness.

Post to follow.............. :wink:
From parts unknown.

Dr. Mordo

What's up with the Trail Attacks?
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

JetdocX

Well....maybe it's just me but these things feel really squirrelly when traveling in a straight line.  I can feel the bars wagging a bit and it gets more pronounced under hard braking.  It was a bit scary at first :shock: , but I'm not dead yet, so it must be normal tread action on the flat road.

In the turns?  Another story entirely.  These tires are the shnizit on the twisties, but they do like to lean waaaay over which also scared me a little bit at first. :shock:

I rode up the hill and took them into the dirt roads up behind Reno for a short ride up hill and downhill.  The grip seems OK even coming down the steep clutch pulled in descent, I never boke loose.  I need more dirt and some flat dirty roads for a real dirty comparison.  I'd like to spend a whole day aired down on dirt roads for a real comparison, but so far the tires appear to be on par with the Anakees.

And I'm not done with the paved road comparo yet.

It's going to snow this week, so it might be late spring before I finish this one....

So far?  Three out of five on the boner scale.
From parts unknown.

Dr. Mordo

Hmm.  Pretty interesting.  The squirrely-ness during straight and level riding reminds me of my Tourance EXP.

Thanks for the update.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

JetdocX

Keep in mind, I probably have less than 1000 miles on them and have yet to properly scrub them in. :oops:
From parts unknown.