News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Craigslist find - pretty cheap but no pics

Started by Dr. Mordo, October 13, 2008, 06:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Mordo

1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

JetdocX

hmmmmmm......to build a West Coast Steamer Museum like Mustang, or not???? :lol:
From parts unknown.

Dr. Mordo

I know what you mean.  For 6 mos a dude locally has been trying to sell a 96 Trident, which would be the perfect counterpoint to my 96 Tiger.

My wife would kill me.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

JetdocX

I have no wife..anymore...

but if I did something as silly as buying another Steamer....

I'd have to fall on my sword. :lol:  

Mustang gets away with it because his wife is a MONDO Steamer entusiast.  Plain and simple. :lol:
From parts unknown.

Dr. Mordo

I know - Mustang's a lucky dude.  That Chain Gang thread about guys not liking moto-girls is ridiculous.

My wife is pretty understanding.  I already have two bikes, so I really don't have space for another.  However, if I sell the BMW...
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

JetdocX

Then what will you ride that's dependable???? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

JetdocX

So what's with the He-suesss dude when you can do the Major Tom avatar???

Ground control to Dr. Mordo?????? :shock:
From parts unknown.

Dr. Mordo

That's The Dude from The Big Lebowski.  He was my avatar here before I started using Major Tom over at the CG.

Good point though, maybe it's time to switch things up.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"I have no wife..anymore...

but if I did something as silly as buying another Steamer....

I'd have to fall on my sword. :lol:  

Mustang gets away with it because his wife is a MONDO Steamer entusiast.  Plain and simple. :lol:

She's been riding a steamer 4 years longer than me even !
Hey she got new windows for the house this year and I got another black steamer , that's fair .
She does have her prioritys right though ................the bikes come first ......... :shock: after her  :ImaPoser

tgrrdr

Quote1995 TRIUMPH TIGER 59000 MILES... TIRES, SPROCKET AND CHAIN WERE RECENTLY REPLACED. ASKING $2200.00 OR BEST OFFER. PLEASE CALL blah, blah, blah...

59k on a Steamer? Is that even possible?   :lol:
Bill Bornman 98BRG 05
N37-57.7 W122-05.0

JetdocX

Quote from: "tgrrdr"
Quote1995 TRIUMPH TIGER 59000 MILES... TIRES, SPROCKET AND CHAIN WERE RECENTLY REPLACED. ASKING $2200.00 OR BEST OFFER. PLEASE CALL blah, blah, blah...

59k on a Steamer? Is that even possible?   :lol:

Sure, but the maintenance log must be thick..like the dictionary, thick. :shock:
From parts unknown.

Dr. Mordo

Mine's got 74000 and the original owner who put all the miles on it did practically nothing to it.  The sprag and DAR failed right after he sold it, so the second owner gave up.  The third owner fixed the DAR but couldn't suss out the sprag.  

Then I resurrected it.  As far as I can tell, the only real problems the bike has had are the sprag and DAR.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

coachgeo

Quote from: "Dr. Mordo".... As far as I can tell, the only real problems the bike has had are the sprag and DAR.
Still learning... what is a Sprag and a DAR?
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)