News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wheel question

Started by REGULATOR, November 02, 2008, 06:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGULATOR

so this may seem stupid, but has anyone looked at any of the other triumph wheels as alternatives?

Just wonderign if somethign like a daytona 600 or a similar sportbike?

just thinking there has got to be somethign as an alternative,  I want to be able to switch back and forth between knobbies and street tires...

Chris Canning

It is a pretty strange question actually,there's only the Tiger that has a 19" front,and as someone whos' ridden his Tiger with a 17" front wheel for for the last 6 years or more,straight forward it ain't.

Bruincounselor

I looked into it. I think Daytona 900 wheels will fit spoked Tiger rears, the swingarm is the same or very similar. I measured many 17" Fronts and couldn't find a simple swap anywhere - all required new spacers and caliper relocation.

Dymag makes a bolt in replacement......... 8)
Bruin\'

Chris Canning

To be honest when i did mine,the logistics of wheels,altering the front mudguard etc was the simple bit the speedo was the hassle,i had all sorts of crazy suggestions even from well known dealers who had similar conversions,untill i had a mail come out of the blue from a guy on the Tiger Yahoo board,who suggested a speedo converter and it been on the bike(6 years) ever since and worked fine.

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "Chris Canning"To be honest when i did mine,the logistics of wheels,altering the front mudguard etc was the simple bit the speedo was the hassle.

I've been running a Speedohealer. Super easy to program. Speed is spot on with GPS to about 50 MPH - then it gets slow. I guess there's a fudge factor built into the stock system that gets further off the higher the speed. Yellowbox is another option, Speedohealer has a top speed memory that's kinda cool - press a button and top speed shows on the speedo.

I'm thinking about getting a Hugger - does NWS fit a 180 tire?
Bruin\'

Chris Canning

Yes the NWS hugger does fit a 180

Yes i use a Yellow box(Black Robotics),it's just when a guy mails you from the States and says he knows a company in Wollongong Australia that makes e'm you thinking it's April 1st!!