News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cam Chain tensioner bodge?

Started by Sin_Tiger, May 13, 2009, 08:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Looks like a bodge to me, scared to take it off for a looksee incase anything drops off inside. Ideas?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Not OEM

Looks like someone added a bolt and removed the ratchet plunger so as to have some more adjustment for a stretched timing chain ,is my guess .

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Mustang"Not OEM

Looks like someone added a bolt and removed the ratchet plunger so as to have some more adjustment for a stretched timing chain ,is my guess .

Checking US/UK dictionary tum te tum .... ah yes that'll be a bodge then   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Guess I'll have to take a look, if you've not seen it then there's not much chance it's a "proper job" , cheers.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

It should look like this:
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Brilliant, thanks guys, email to Jack Lilley in the offing I think  :roll:

Another can in the Tiger beer bank for your  8)

rybes

i know this is an old post but i had to do this to mine. works fine  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)