News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Can someone recomende a good bike boot in U.S.size 16 or 17?

Started by TallRob, June 03, 2009, 03:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallRob

Stretch

Have mercy.   :shock:

You know what they say about a man with big feet.

The also need big socks.  

HappyMan

I believe they stopped making them when Herman Munster died.......Wow!!  Dems some big feet!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

TallRob

well i am 6'9"...every tall building has to have a wide and solid base.

Stretch

Indeed.

I looked up my fave boots, Sidi Onroads, but they only go up to 15.  Sorry.

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

TallRob

AWSOME! Thank you! I saw those boots last night on amazon but didnt see the other colors or the sizes!. 16 may be a bit small. But i think Ill call the company and ask them about their size. Maybe they can send me a copy of the foot bed so I can see of me dainty footsies arent too big.
Quote from: "HockleyBoy"These run to a size 16 and are in stock at the moment:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A5QXK0/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=automotive

TigerTrax

As I told a national and regional sales manager who were laughing at my feet....

" Barns stand on big foundations.......
Out Houses stand on smaller ones."

I wear a 15 .... would love to wear a 14!

Red Wing came out with some black ankle high boots that are
waterproof leather and a molded sole. I wear them all the time.
 About $100....
they may carry larger. Good Luck
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

TallRob

I checked out Redwing. I'm SOL.

Gavin Blod

I know nothing about these other than the front page says they make boots up to size 17. Might be worth a look. :?:

http://www.bootznz.com/

From the front page...

"Mainland Boots New Zealand Handmade BootsGot big feet? No problem. We go upto NZ Size 16, USA Size 17."

TallRob

Regarding your avatar. Ive heard of "Children of the Corn". But never "Dogs of the Corn". :lol:

Yeah i saw that website. Those are some damn sexy boots. Love the white ones lol

Gavin Blod

Quote from: "TallRob"Regarding your avatar. Ive heard of "Children of the Corn". But never "Dogs of the Corn". :lol:

Yeah i saw that website. Those are some damn sexy boots. Love the white ones lol

That's laser Pup! I didn't see the white boots. I'll have to go back and look!! :lol:

blacktiger

Although based in the UK, you could try Altberg. http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/ who have a good reputation and do made to measure.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

TallRob

finally got some composite toe size 17 6" boots. Pretty interesting boots. Made by Converse. Incredibly light yet thick leather and the one surprise benefit is a highly reflective stripe going up the middle of the laces. When you got boats like mine you cant always choose your shoes. They choose you.    

Sin_Tiger

I was about to suggest Altberg as well but Blacktiger beat me to it. Worth considering if you want to treat yourself while the pound is still weak  :D  highly regarded and although not cheap, they will probably outlast most riders. I just realised the irony of a guy your height wearing a pair of AltBerg boots.

If they can't see you coming flashy laces aren't going to help  :shock: , on second thoughts you may well have a point with the size of shadow you cast  :oops:

Glad you found something though, must be a real chore.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint