News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain link ??

Started by KuzzinKenny, June 27, 2009, 01:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Far better than carrying a s uper tough file, a punch, and a hammer....

Oh you can't not carry a hammer  :roll:

I'll check with MP, they do do some interesting stuff, thanks JD.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Oh you can't not carry a hammer  :roll:
Every tool is a hammer... except for a screwdriver, which is also a chisel
(thou for bike folk that could also read Tire iron) :lol:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

[quote="Sin_Tiger] Anybody else got experiences of 'field' chain tools?[/quote]

Yeah. My experience is that you don't need a chain tool in the field for a Tiger. My chains are lasting around 30000 miles with a Scottoiler so it's unlikely I'd need to touch it at all whilst away on holidays.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "blacktiger"[quote="Sin_Tiger] Anybody else got experiences of 'field' chain tools?

Yeah. My experience is that you don't need a chain tool in the field for a Tiger. My chains are lasting around 30000 miles with a Scottoiler so it's unlikely I'd need to touch it at all whilst away on holidays.[/quote][/quote]

+1!!!!

Never heard of a well maintained chain breaking - sprockets usually get so worn the chain jumps first, and you're gonna notice that.  Seen a couple of neglected chains snap though... not a pretty sight.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

outrunner

Kenny,
It's time you got rid of that Avatar, I was in the Kilmahog Woollen Mill cafe for breakfast a couple of weeks ago and boy has that place gone downhill.
Suffice to say I will not be going back there! :(

PS Sorry for hijacking the thread.  :oops:

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "outrunner"Kenny,
It's time you got rid of that Avatar, I was in the Kilmahog Woollen Mill cafe for breakfast a couple of weeks ago and boy has that place gone downhill.
Suffice to say I will not be going back there! :(

PS Sorry for hijacking the thread.  :oops:

Andy.

Hey Andy, long time no see !! i thought someone might get it ?? why i had that avatar......................

Kill..........ma............HOG

yes/no

its a HD thing

KK

ps just for you Andy, its changed :)
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly