News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

When you need to sleep..........

Started by KuzzinKenny, August 19, 2009, 02:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"When you need to sleep, you need one of these....

http://www.lazyboneuk.com/products/Selk ... ion-1.html
Been using a 1940 something issue military sleeping back for a long time (it was dads). had arms like these but bottom was closed like a normal mummy bag.  There was a snap & Zip open area across the waiste so you could take a piss w/out getting out of your bag.   Think you could also unsnap/unzip the bottom off and use the top as an extra coat.

Dad said they come up with those cause they got tired of GI's getting killed in their sleeping bags.  With the arms in the bag they could sleep w/thier rifle ready or in easy reach.  Think it was Swiss issue though?  

Dad sorta had supply contacts others didnt have :wink:  so he ended up w/some unique very practical stuff.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Anymore camp stuff we will start to worry about you :shock:

Quick chorus of "In The Brownies"

OK !! start singin !!  :lol:  

these should be handy when packin yer stuff in yer panniers......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOUR-WATERPROOF-N ... 911.c0.m14

and they claim they`re waterproof !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

Why was I not surprised  :roll:

Quotethey got tired of GI's getting killed in their sleeping bags. With the arms in the bag they could sleep w/thier rifle ready or in easy reach.

Alternatively they could just open the middle zip and pi$$ on their assailants  :lol:

KK - that's really good value and looks like they won't take up much extra space.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

atokad

This is the ONLY tent worth spending a penny on!  https://www.kifaru.net/TIPI2009.html  No, I don't have one, yet.  :(   By the time I get enough to get one it'll probably be the only thing I have left to live in!  :D

For anybody that is on ADvrider, search inmates for Bitt and read his posts on his fantastic setup. he does a nice job of reviewing the gear.  He posts in the Pacific Norwet Regional forum.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"

Why was I not surprised  :roll:

:ImaPoser   In the Brownies   :ImaPoser

cheerz fir that Sin_Tiger, i forgot about THAT Billy Connolly scetch !!

kin funny tho !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

blacktiger

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"I aint got a kloo why im findin all these campin things to post but here we go again...................

http://www.deltagroundanchors.co.uk/home/a5_products

compared to the bendy wire pegs these things look like they might even stop a tent blowin away !!  :shock:

KK

Actually, the absolute best pegs you can get are made from 8mm diameter steel which looks like it's concrete reinforcing steel bar. They are indestructable and will break rocks when you hammer them in. Not light though.

And as for that Selkbag.......are they having a larf? They say in their advert that you should wear it around the house if you get cold. Can you imagine answering your door dressed in one of those?  The Jehovas witnesses would run a mile........good idea that.....how much are they? :roll:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"these should be handy when packin yer stuff in yer panniers......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOUR-WATERPROOF-N ... 911.c0.m14

and they claim they`re waterproof !!

KK

i got mine today, they`re made well and i can get 2 fleeces in 1 bag !!

result !!

KK

ps in the brownies, la la la la la la la  :ImaPoser

Bixxer Bob

These are good if you have to bungie kit on your pillion:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30L-ROLL-TOP-DRY- ... 286.c0.m14

Except I got mine from ALDI - 40litre and only a fiver  :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"These are good if you have to bungie kit on your pillion:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30L-ROLL-TOP-DRY- ... 286.c0.m14

Except I got mine from ALDI - 40litre and only a fiver  :wink:

cheerz BB !! never gave ALDI a thought for things like that !!

KK

Bixxer Bob

I keep an eye on the Aldi and Lidl specials (twice a week) online.  They do bike stuff two or three times a year.  The clothing is a bit naff - ok for scooter kids but not for serious biking - but their tank bags and waterproof bike covers (around a tenner each) are unbeatable value.  I also use the roll-top afloat (I'm a volunteer rescue coxwain - Grafham water, not RNLI) because it's guarranteed to keep your kit dry.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Good work on the volunteering Bob.  I'm with you on the aldi / lidl thing too, just occasionally they have a pile of bike stuff for bugger all money.  It is usually German stuff, so deeply unlovely, but functional.  I've even seen intercoms and suchlike in there.  (I love shopping there, it is crap but somehow brilliant. Got a 210Nm torque wrench for £10! which is useful on some bits of the tiger)

One other water proof option is the BDH container.  Don't know if you seen them before.  Popular with canoeists so proper water proof.  They have inverted ridges that make bungying fairly easy - instant, if small top box!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "nickcalne"Good work on the volunteering Bob.  
:oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Been doing it 13 yrs now.  Get to drive power boats without any of the running costs :wink:

Ref Aldi,  got a shed full of their cheap power tools as well.  Again, quality isn't up to professional tool standard, but good enough for home use.

KuzzinKenny

Who started this stoopid campin post ??

Oh sh#t !! it wiz me  :oops:

well i just had to find out what this sleepin in a cloth bag was all aboot, so havin sold some stuff i`ve had layin around for years, bit the bullet and bought a Slumit tent and a few other things !! so on 09/09/09 i headed to a spot i know just east of Loch Rannoch to find out for meself !! the tent itself was very easy for, even me to put up !! blow up the airbed ( need to get a pump if im gony do this again ) unroll the sleepin bag and pass oot !! anyway, need some info !! i woke up at 3am freezin, me back at first , then i worked it out, anythin that touched the airbed was cold ?? the thing is, it wasn`t a cold nite so what gives ?? the sleepin bag is a Tesco`s best 3 season   :D

KK

ps these delta pegs glow in the dark  :shock:

coachgeo

tadaaaaa... you quickly discovered why the pro's do NOT recommend air mattress.  

You wouldn't know that unless you happen to have come across something discussing that topic.  It's not like there are warnings on product.

Anyway from what I've read those that use them add a second layer on top of the air mattress.  Usually a second ground camper mattress, but the type made of foam.  It's purpose is to insulate temp of the air mattress from you.  

I've wondered about using a space blanket (shiny Mylar) on top of the air mattress to reflect your body heat back.  Something tells me that they might just balance each other out.  Cool air from the mattress and warm reflection from the mylar..... Might work???
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Sin_Tiger

Looks like you have enough kit there for a solo attempt on K2 rather than just Loch Rannoch  :shock:   Slumit looks pretty good in real user shot though, any rain or wind?

Never knew that about air matresses though, I thought it was a weight issue. Errrm you do have a very good insulation mat sitting on your saddle  :wink:

You will get the designation of official camping Testee if you're not careful. Tent, sheepskin, strange avatar, in the Brownies vid, it's all coming together  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint