News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

When you need to sleep..........

Started by KuzzinKenny, August 19, 2009, 02:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "coachgeo"tadaaaaa... you quickly discovered why the pro's do NOT recommend air mattress.  

You wouldn't know that unless you happen to have come across something discussing that topic.  It's not like there are warnings on product.

Anyway from what I've read those that use them add a second layer on top of the air mattress.  Usually a second ground camper mattress, but the type made of foam.  It's purpose is to insulate temp of the air mattress from you.  

I've wondered about using a space blanket (shiny Mylar) on top of the air mattress to reflect your body heat back.  Something tells me that they might just balance each other out.  Cool air from the mattress and warm reflection from the mylar..... Might work???

if this works it would be the cheapest option and wouldn`t take up any space, as you can see i don`t travel light :) anyone tryed this ??

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Looks like you have enough kit there for a solo attempt on K2 rather than just Loch Rannoch  :shock:   Slumit looks pretty good in real user shot though, any rain or wind?

Never knew that about air matresses though, I thought it was a weight issue. Errrm you do have a very good insulation mat sitting on your saddle  :wink:

You will get the designation of official camping Testee if you're not careful. Tent, sheepskin, strange avatar, in the Brownies vid, it's all coming together  :lol:

K2 ?? is that north of Loch Rannoch  :lol:  and yes there was i bit of drizzle, as for wind !! the tent has vents on either side to vent that  :ImaPoser

i used all the kit i carried and i don`t have any cookin gear !! i`m as good as a chockolate fireguard in the kitchen so aint got any cookin stuff !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"as for wind !! the tent has vents on either side to vent that  :ImaPoser

KK

:lol:  :lol: I should have seen that coming  :roll:

+1 on cooking, unless there is a Mars Bar Chippie nearby I would be eating my boots before long  :lol: the stove I keep in the top box along with the chocolate fireguard and the motorbike ashtray :wink:

I though somebody was taking the Mickey but no Carbon Fibre Tent Pegs  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

KuzzinKenny

Carbon Fibre Tent Pegs  :shock:  Jeez they`ll be makin Titanium ones next !!

as for a mat !! i went for one O these..........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-Season-Military ... 286.c0.m14

if i keep spendin wot i aint got, i might and up with this campin stuff set up in me garden as a perminant fixture  :lol:   :shock:

KK

ps yes i do no you can get titanium pegs, after all im yer campin equip finder  :roll:

KuzzinKenny

I can`t believe im askin this but here goes !! can anyone sugest a small stove so i can atleast heat water, i missed me caffine when i had me nite out   :shock:  i was lookin at some sold fuel things that even fold up but need some info about other stuff !! and remember its just to heat water as im no cook !!

cheerz

KK

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

oxnsox

I use a small backpacker style stove similar to the one in EB's first link, you'll find it in any outdoor / camping store.... maybe even Halfords!!
They should also have a small kettle that you can use with it. I actually put this stove head, in an old sock, inside the kettle when I travel...
Some of these units can have issues as altitude varies... but hey you're in  Scotland. And if you can't find one of these things locally all I can say is...
Damn it, you're in bloody Scotland man....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KuzzinKenny

Cheerz guys !! i found one here........

http://www.aktive8.com/p/Coleman/Campin ... 03410.html

was also lookin at these army type solid fuel stove/cup things !! anyone ever try them ??

http://www.chasesmith.co.uk/Military_Cl ... p1694.aspx

KK

KuzzinKenny

This is the last post, aboot campin, this year, frum me !!

got a Coleman F1 Spirit stove new off fleebay for £12.50 inc pnp !! result !!   :D

KK

Sin_Tiger

I wuz wondering if you were still stuck in a tent half way up Ben Lomond, been quiet recently  :lol:

Strangely I picked up the latest copy of "Bike" after your last post, bit slow getting the mags here. Wud ye credit it, it was a camping issue  :lol: , decent review as usual with Bike but a bit limited range of stuff, there were only three stoves listed and I think the Coleman was one of them. That's a pretty decent price.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

NeilD

oow not sure I can be doing with this camping malarky anymore.. we went up to Scotland a couple of weeks ago and stayed right on Loch Tay in one of these...

more civillised especially when on the bikes as you have somewhere to hang your damp jackets... and a microwave, kettle,heater and ahem a telly!!  :shock: better option than B&B as you dont have to go out if you dont want to...

EvilBetty

+1

Several lakes around here have big sheds at the campsites that have been converted to little cabins.  Cheap and heat and A/C, running water.  Restaurant up the road.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"This is the last post, aboot campin, this year, frum me !!

got a Coleman F1 Spirit stove new off fleebay for £12.50 inc pnp !! result !!   :D

KK

Its a noo year, so !! Tents !! Tents !! Tents !! Tents !!  :ImaPoser

i`ll get ma coat  :oops:

KK

KuzzinKenny

Ding !! Ding !! round 2 !! i meen year 2 :ImaPoser

i`m a, cant cook, wont cook kinda guy !! but even I likey these......

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/zebr ... -772-p.asp

just wouldn`t no wat to do with them  :shock:

KK

Bixxer Bob

In my 36yr military career I've done a fair bit of roughing it, and have always found one of these, plus a novice (add a dark night and some wind for extra effect) highly entertaining.  After you've done laughing, it's worth having an extinguisher ready :shock:

http://www.camping-online.co.uk/gas-coo ... stove.html

It's amazing the number of ways an idiot can find to set fire to themselves...  and on a similar theme, you know how easy a sleeping bag zip jams when you're in a hurry?  Well, imagine a faulty gas stove suddenly exploding (did you know that the seam of the concave base is designed to blow out and off, thus releasing the pressure without producing shrapnel?) turning the aluminium billy can full of boiling water inside out and throwing the boiling water onto a soul in a sleeping bag.  There was no real danger as the bag had a waterproof outer and absorbent inner, but watching the panicking occupant trying to release himself before the heat got through is one of the funniest things I've ever seen - ever!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...