News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Conti Escapes

Started by NeilD, October 19, 2009, 05:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

not seen these tyres mentioned anywhere on here, but thats whats currently fitted to mine.. can anyone compare them to what else is available out there?? they seem to grip ok so far, although not tried them in the wet yet, apart from a feeling of vaugness (the bike not me :D ) when acclerating at 80mph and a bit of front wheel vibration.. had a look today and realised its fitted with a 100/90 instead of 110/80..! so its a slightly smaller diameter, but more importantly possibly is the width.. do you reckon this would make the front feel not quite planted?

Mustang

No that's how steamer front ends feel VERY LIGHT

it helps if you pull the forks up in the triple trees by about a 1/4 inch and add a shitload of preload to the rear shock . by doing so it helps get some weight onto the front wheel  
adding about an inch of spacers (either aluminum or pvc ) to the front springs also gives the front some preload and that helps a bit also .

When running fully loaded with three givi bags the front will be really light feeling and you can get some serious speed wobble out of the front at around 80mph when dancing with semi trucks on the motorway