News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Dyno'd

Started by Bixxer Bob, November 01, 2009, 09:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Plug colour?  First, that'll do for carbs, but isn't an accurate gauge for FI engines, you need exhaust analysis.  Second,  you said you were running iridium plugs....... :roll:

I can understand why your experienced friend thinks this is not worth fixing for the reason I gave earlier.  Doesn't mean you don't have an issue though,  the graph speaks for itself; you said in your first post,"I think it´s a little bit poor"  .... the graph is telling you why.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

jomi

All these fuel mixtures change only, the fuel map. But normaly when you change fuel map in carburator engines it´s better if you change also ignition timing. Because the ignition timing can also lead to detonation also if you squishband is too small.
Live hard and happy, even it will be one day less!
(by Larry Thorne alias Lauri Törni) famous war hero from Finnish- & USA-army

Thunderbird Sport -98

jomi

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Plug colour?  First, that'll do for carbs, but isn't an accurate gauge for FI engines, you need exhaust analysis.  Second,  you said you were running iridium plugs....... :roll:

I can understand why your experienced friend thinks this is not worth fixing for the reason I gave earlier.  Doesn't mean you don't have an issue though,  the graph speaks for itself; you said in your first post,"I think it´s a little bit poor"  .... the graph is telling you why.

Yes, I´am going to change the map because I look those plugs today and it´s have to change. Now I just wondereing which system shall it change :?: Power Comander is cheaper than Tuneboy, from Sweden I can get PC 260,- euros and TB is nearly 500,- euros same as rapid bike.
Live hard and happy, even it will be one day less!
(by Larry Thorne alias Lauri Törni) famous war hero from Finnish- & USA-army

Thunderbird Sport -98

Bixxer Bob

I didn't mention the timing because we were discussing the weak mixture as shown at the top end on your dyno graph, but you're right, timing would cause detonation or running hot too.

In Tuneboy you can change the timing map, just like you can change the fuel map, or the AF target map, or the full power map, or the cold start adjustment.  Not to mention read and reset fault codes, reset the throttle position sensor, read all sensor outputs, blah, blah.

Power commander just changes the ECM output to the injectors.  I have experience of both, I have Tuneboy on Tiger and PC on my Blackbird.

In the end, it's down to personal choice. Good luck with whatever you decide.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...