News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

After a month in the shop, my bike still will not run...

Started by flux, January 03, 2010, 02:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flux

Quote from: "Mustang"Keeping fingers crossed for ya .........Like I said in the PM it will be something incredibly simple causing the problem .
Now you get to fall in  :love10 all over again  :ImaPoser

Thanks man.  You are right, we were all sure it'd be something simple.  I just needed Triumph to call our tech back.  I'm told there are 2 and 1 was on vacation.  Everybody has an excuse for being slack these days...

I dunno about falling in love again.  I've had some great times on Woods (my new name for the Tiger :lol: ) but I'm ready to get on a bike I can wrench on myself.  All this electrical stuff is mind-boggling to me.  All the hoses and wires and plugs and sensors for the sake of having EFI.  I'm not sure I'm on board with that stuff anymore...

Mustang

Quote from: "flux"I dunno about falling in love again.  I've had some great times on Woods (my new name for the Tiger :lol: ) but I'm ready to get on a bike I can wrench on myself.  All this electrical stuff is mind-boggling to me.  All the hoses and wires and plugs and sensors for the sake of having EFI.  I'm not sure I'm on board with that stuff anymore...

Sounds like there should be a steamer in your future ...............
No matter what Jetdocx says they are incredibly easy to work on and pretty damn reliable once you get the known triumph bugs out of the mix .....

did I mention how much I love my carbs . :love10

As far as EFI goes Triumph does not make any bikes anymore that use carbs , and a lot of other manufacturers are doing the same thing .

You will be hard pressed to find a bike soon that doesn't have EFI
even the tried and true mx bikes are now EFI , Honda CRF 450 is a perfect example of it .

It probably won't be that far into the future when even your lawn mower and (snow blower for us northern boys :ImaPoser  ) will be EFI  

Just go ride that Tiger of yours and the smile will return ............resistance is futile !

flux

Nah, I don't buy new bikes anyway, so I have a few carbed bikes still to choose from.  We shall see though.  8)

:lol:   EFI on my lawn equipment... blech!  Although, electric start would be nice on my 48" Exmark walk-behind!

flux

SUCCESS!!!!

I got the bike back tonight and she is running like a top!  

Thank you to all you guys who pitched in and helped or even offered words of encouragement.  The new gasket between the throttle bodies and the motor did the trick.  

Bob, I'm sorry man but we never did get the readings from the computer.   :oops:   I was just so happy to have it back that I totally forgot.  If he happened to have printed them I'll be sure to report back.

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

Glad it turned out well!!!

:lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...