News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Air Filter?

Started by rf9rider, February 23, 2010, 02:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

While i`m waiting for my shock to be sent back after a rebuild, i set about cleaning the carbs and fixing a sticking choke, turns out the bar that pulls out the choke plungers was bent, easy fix for a change, and taking the tank off for the first time, someone has also changed the coils for TT600 sticks.
However, when i took the airbox off, there was no filter inside, and some previous owner has cut the back part in half!
Maybe has to do with the race cans it had on it when i first got it. (fitted the originals now.)
So before i order a new filter and box, has anyone had any joy in using single pod filters?
Read through a few old posts, but didn`t come to any conclusion.
And am i right in thinking you can`t buy the oem  filter on its own?

Mustang

you can use pods but the carbs need to be rejetted to match the increased airflow ..............

and the stock air filter comes with a new box thats the only way triumph sells em .

MIMbox

One ebay UK seller has these.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-TROPHY-T3 ... 1c106cb7c3
Or
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-TIGER-AIR ... 1c106cb6db
I must admit I thought Tiger filter assy was the same as the others, but these have different part numbers, maybe one replaces the other.
Save yourself at least £15 on Triumph price, possibly more

rf9rider

Saw those on Ebay, different part numbers to the one fitted to mine.

rf9rider

Just ordered the filter/airbox and new inlet rubbers and clips from Triumph, £67 all in, so not too bad.

rf9rider

Right Chaps, new inlet rubbers. new air filter and box all fitted, runs a lot better now.  :D

However, looking at the parts diagram on bikebandit, i`m missing a part from the left hand box, looks like theres an extra pipe i`m missing?

Seems the filter that slides in/out won`t do a lot as the air will flow in straight down the middle of it?

Heres whats on it now.

Timbox2

Dont think it is a filter  as such anyway, its more of a noise arrestor or silencer if you like
2016 Tiger Sport

rf9rider

Just saw on bikebandit its a silencer  :oops:

Thing is do i really need the extra bit of pipe or is it fine as is?

Mustang

it' will be fine with out .................but having said that the snorkel is ON all three of my steamers , just bugs me when something is missing  :twisted:

rf9rider

Quote from: "Mustang"it' will be fine with out .................but having said that the snorkel is ON all three of my steamers , just bugs me when something is missing  :twisted:

Same here, i`ll wait to see if anything comes up on Ebay or might make one up.  :D

Anyone have a pic of the snorkel fitted with a few rough sizes?

JetdocX

You can have mine if you figure out how shiping works to the UK.  I've removed mine and put pod filters over both inlets.  Keeps the main filter clean and helps with the dust and mud thrown up by the rear wheel right into the snorkle inlet.  When one filter clogs, I just remove the duct tape under the right one and ride on.

From parts unknown.

rf9rider

Thanks Jetdocx, i`ll be over in the USA in June, and be in Vegas in July.
Perhaps you could ship it to the hotel and i`ll bring it home in my luggage?

Keep in touch.  :D

Mustang

San Francisco aint that far from vegas ...............make him deliver it personally  :ImaPoser

coachgeo

Quote from: "Mustang"San Francisco aint that far from vegas ...
What youu been smokin thar cowbowa?  that thar is aboud-a 9 owwer ride even on a nize steed like yewers. :P
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Mustang

pheh .............walk in the park for a real tiger rider ! :ImaPoser