News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rocker Cover Gasket - won't seal

Started by Nick H, February 25, 2010, 02:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick H

Hi Guys, I have been using this great site for a while to get really helpful info and have also acquired one of Mustang's valve shim tools which was brilliant at getting shims out recently.  But, I have been putting everything back together and I can't seem to get the rocker cover gasket to seal properly.  It leaks a little oil out of the left side.  I didn't put a new gsaket on as the are nearly £30, but maybe I should have done.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks, Nick

Mustang

did you try using alittle silicone sealant on the gasket where the leak is .

Triumph recommends using sealant in and on the 4 camshaft areas as well as the plug holes and 4 corners

me , I don't bother as long as the rubber gasket is in good shape . and haven't had one leak yet (cursed myself now)

also over tightening the valve cover bolts can produce a leak also , they only need to be 7 nm IIRC