News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Buy engine in the UK or else and ship to Norway

Started by Rocinante, April 07, 2010, 03:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Quote from: "Rocinante"
Quote from: "rf9rider"MIleage too high?

Says its done just less than 6000?

Ups, my error. I read 60 000 not 6 000.

Then it looks like a fantastic deal, although 1500 GBP is only the starting bid. It sure is worth a lot more even in the UK, isn´t it?

In Norway that would be worth I guess between 5 and 7 000 GBP... Say no more.

Won`t be worth a lot more, especially as its on a Q plate, that puts a lot of people off.

Nick Calne

5 to 7k? Blimey.  For that?  I think I can feel a bike export business emerging.... Is there an import tax? 8)  I'll bring 'em over, you sell 'em.  We'll be rich in a week!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ArcticTiger

Quote from: "nickcalne"5 to 7k? Blimey.  For that?  I think I can feel a bike export business emerging.... Is there an import tax? 8)  I'll bring 'em over, you sell 'em.  We'll be rich in a week!

Importing and selling used bikes and cars to Norway is a big business for many already. Maybe they are importing too many, prices seems to go down now adays, expecialy on more "common" items. Specials will always attract interest.
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Rocinante

Quote from: "nickcalne"5 to 7k? Blimey.  For that?  I think I can feel a bike export business emerging.... Is there an import tax? 8)  I'll bring 'em over, you sell 'em.  We'll be rich in a week!

Import tax, oh yes! This bike would cost about 2500 GBP in tax and VAT.

I could import the bike and pay VAT only, if I´m not putting a Norwegian licence plate on it. That would give me a relatively cheap parts bike, but still quite a lot more expensive than the other options.

And I´m not sure I want another bike taking up space in the garage. Tiger parts on ebay are quite cheap anyway, when and if I need replacements.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Rocinante".....Tiger parts on ebay are quite cheap anyway, when and if I need replacements.

they are except for the ones you desperately need anyway... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

He was saying about the mileage, not the price.  :lol:

Seller says its done just under 6000, price starts at £1500

Rocinante

Quote from: "rybes"i know its not norway but iull be movin to denmark this yewar sometime. if that can make postage cheaper for ya ill be glad to help :D as for sourcin an engine id say triumphant http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/

Thanks for the offer. I´ll keep it in mind.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com