News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

corbin seat

Started by rybes, May 04, 2010, 10:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

evenin :D anyone got a corbin seat for a steamer ? if ya have could i have some info, sizes n pics etc so i can get my seat modified like one. cant afford t buy a realun ya see :wink:

thanks all :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

it wont do you much good as the shape of the seat pan is totally different than a stock tiger seat
that's how corbin makes em comfy ................

Colonel Nikolai

I have a Corbin on my Steamer. I'll take some pics with rulers in them in a day or so and post them on my Picassa for you.

I have an old Corbin seat for a Triumph Sprint, too. It was once quite beautiful and matched the gray engine of the Sprint perfectly. It has seen better days: the leather is split and the comfortableness is gone and I replaced it with a decent tho cheaper and not as nice Sargent seat. (Yep, still runnin', thanks to Mustang!) I could try and fit it on my Steamer and see if at least the seat pan will work. If it does I'll ship it to you, for free. You pay the shipping though. Worth it? Maybe not. Up to you.

Let me know.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

rf9rider

Mr Rybes, if you look on here, http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/seats.html  look at the bottom pic of the blue steamer.

The Chap that built that is lowering and recovering my seat as we speak.
I asked him price for that one, similar to a corbin, he said about £140 i think.

Here`s his web site, good bloke.

http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/

rybes

nice one thanks people :D thanks nikolai might take ya up on that one and cheers rf ill go have a look at his site n see what he comes up with :D

time trumpf stole h@ndasd marketin if ya ask me. ya meet the nicest people on a triumph :wings
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "rybes"nice one thanks people :D thanks nikolai might take ya up on that one and cheers rf ill go have a look at his site n see what he comes up with :D

time trumpf stole h@ndasd marketin if ya ask me. ya meet the nicest people on a triumph :wings

So to be clear: would photos of my existing steamer corbin help you?
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

ramseybella

What does Corbin charge for re-covering a Corbin seat, Dropped the hammer best offer for that ratty one on Ebay>Stupid? Maybe? :roll:

Now a nice one will pop up on Ebay!!!! :x

Mustang

last I checked Corbin wanted close to 250 bucks to recover and that was a few years ago ....................so if you go that route you can buy brand new for the same money it is going to cost

you have to contact them and get an RA #

I found a local upholstery shop  that did a damn fine job on mine and the wife's corbins for 100 each

ramseybella

Quote from: "Mustang"last I checked Corbin wanted close to 250 bucks to recover and that was a few years ago ....................so if you go that route you can buy brand new for the same money it is going to cost

you have to contact them and get an RA #

I found a local upholstery shop  that did a damn fine job on mine and the wife's corbins for 100 each
I have a few local shops in Santa Fe I will pass it around.
It was a stupid move to buy that seat Oh Well I was thinking the same thing when I bought my Tiger now after setting up the valves and carbs and a few little things as well as much help from you and the boys I want another Triumph triple..

ramseybella

Damn Sin You won't get complaints from me about my issues from my Tiger, the previous owner should be shot WoW!!.
Coming along nicely..
 :wink: