News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Live anyone ??

Started by KuzzinKenny, June 26, 2010, 03:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Chris Canning

E'r no thanks,if Triumph want to have a 'Do' and pay for it out of their PR budget and offset it against tax thats fine by me,but i paid Triumph for the bike,i'm not paying for anything else.

blacktiger

Yep, there's at least half dozen going from Rosner RATs in the southeast. Got Comfort Inn hotel booked in Hinckley.

Lighten up Chris. :roll: This is a celebration of the return of the Triumph name and 20 years of new production. There's also a good chance the new Adventure bike will be there so I'm first in the queue.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "blacktiger"Yep, there's at least half dozen going from Rosner RATs in the southeast. Got Comfort Inn hotel booked in Hinckley.

Lighten up Chris. :roll: This is a celebration of the return of the Triumph name and 20 years of new production. There's also a good chance the new Adventure bike will be there so I'm first in the queue.

Having been made redundent 3 years ago,and then spent the last 3 working in the bike trade,i've seen the freebies/jollys and pr budgets in general,the whole thing is bank rolled by the mug punter,Triumph could afford to pay for the whole event and the only ticket to get in should be a Triumph motorcycle,instead they'll carry on blowing money and smoke up the journo's backsides and god knows what else and you'll be helping pay for it by bank rolling Triumph,it wasn't done at the begining or are Triumph just becoming savy about fleecing the cash cow bikeing public.

CoolHandLuke

Wow, someone is a little bitter.

I have booked two nights on the campsite.  Sounds like it should be a fun event.

Chris Canning

Bitter?? not at all just factual,as i had said to me,'If folk weren't mean't be fleeced they wouldn't have made e'm sheep',which at the time seemed a tad harsh,but on reflection not far from the truth.

Re the camping,good man,i've no problem with a 600 mile day in the pooring rain,and boy i've done a few with my other half on the back,but my idea of camping is a 3 star hotel without room service :wink:

Sin_Tiger

I'm sure there's a lot of truth in what Chris says but I hope for everybody's sake it's a good event and wish I could be there just the same.

I had to put up with the local launch of the Rocket III Roadster, what a fiasco, ended up turning into an HD club meet with Triumph owners teated poorly. If John Bloor had been there he'd have been foaming at the mouth.

Hope you have a great time.

:(  jealous b@st@rd  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

I should imagine it'll be a very good 'Do' why shouldn't it be,it's just the fact that over the last 20 years Triumph have flourished with like's of folk on this board and the board it'self,it's a two way thing, the biggest winners will be Triumph,the price they are charging doesn't seem two way to me.

To give them some leeway,they are still on a learning curve,and when you have the likes of BM and Ducati with electric suspension and multi engine maps,Triumph still have a long way to go,maybe that include's how to spend their PR budget  :wink:

diggerT

Looks like a good bash, though 25 quid is a bit steep on top of camping, food, petrol and you would have to buy some Triumph stuff as well right??
Why not cut out the has been 70s bands and make it free for Triumph riders?
You would get a good turnout and punters would buy stuff as well.

Geoff D

yeah I agree, free if you turn up on a Triumph
The older I get the faster I was...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Geoff D"yeah I agree, free if you turn up on a Triumph

Good idea, at least a sizeable discount, should copy that to Mr. Bloor.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

Let's be honest with ourselves here. You don't get much for £25 these days. e.g. fully synthetic oil?? You'll get 4 litres. Wow! For god's sake, people pay £80 for 90 minutes of football.
Anyway, I'm going, I'll have a good ride up and a good day out with friends and a good ride home again. I'll see all sorts of bikes, a stunt show by Kevin Carmichael (that alone is worth a tenner), maybe see something of the new Adventure bike and get to see The Stranglers live. Just hope the weather's good.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "blacktiger"Let's be honest with ourselves here. You don't get much for £25 these days. e.g. fully synthetic oil?? You'll get 4 litres. Wow! For god's sake, people pay £80 for 90 minutes of football.
Anyway, I'm going, I'll have a good ride up and a good day out with friends and a good ride home again. I'll see all sorts of bikes, a stunt show by Kevin Carmichael (that alone is worth a tenner), maybe see something of the new Adventure bike and get to see The Stranglers live. Just hope the weather's good.

You never mentioned Suzi Perry !!  :shock:  :shock:

that would be my main reason to go !!  :oops:   :roll:  :wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Chris Canning

You need to get out a little more BT you don't pay for company promo's,it's a company promoting it'self,the part you play is turning up and being a past and potentional customer,they put their corporate hand in their pocket, not you,it's got nothing to do with money per say,it's how PR  works,and in the end they don't pay either the taxman does.

Geoff D

WelL I'm going too, provided I'm not on hols somewhere...

Suzi Perry..... oh yes... mwah  :love10
The older I get the faster I was...