News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TOR Exhaust ??

Started by jphish, August 21, 2010, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

Background (who cares?):  Aquired an 06' Tiger last year as a "spare" for when my 'collectors item' Uly was intermittently down for parts (sad story :( )  As it turns out I find their roles reversed - Uly is now more my regional ride & Tiger goes on the long trips. As a consequence am spending more on Tiger farkles, & I'm really coming to appreciate what this tall beast can do. Thinking of installing TOR exhaust - but I dont like LOUD bikes. Just a bit more rumble from the triple when accelerating. 1) Is it much louder?  2) Is it worth it ?  3) Do you have to remap ECM & what does dealer usually charge for that? And finally...anyone got a unit forsale??  Thanks in advance. j

KuzzinKenny

Hey jphish !! have a looky here....

and here, page 6.....

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/accesslist.pdf

:wink:

and yes you will need a remap but no idea how much that is !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

TigerTrax

TOR not loud.... nice low growl on acceleration; Hardly noricable going down the road.

If you want 'sharp-rasp'..... get a RotLe pipe. Hard to find but really adds some HP ( 10% - 11%) and warm to the touch; Polished stainless steel.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

johnnyadventurepants

Blue Flame is the way to go IMHO.  I got the 2 port stainless steel.  You can remove one or both of the baffles to fine tune the sound.  I run with both out and it isn't too loud.  Just a nice low growl.  Gave me some extra oomph on acceleration too.  Street legal.  No remap needed.
\'99 Tiger 885i

matts23

I had mine remapped at my local dealer and they only charged me 1/2 hour shop time.  I think I paid no more than $40.  Well worth it no matter what pipe you go with.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

jphish

Hey - Thanks folks. Do I understand correctly that the TOR is no longer available from Triumph for the Girlies ? Ya gotta find a used one ? I'll consider the other options ya'll mentioned as well. TTFN. j

jphish

I posted on "everything else for sale" but dont want to sell one...want to buy one. Anybody got a "spare" they want to part with? TTFN, j

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "jphish"Hey - Thanks folks. Do I understand correctly that the TOR is no longer available from Triumph for the Girlies ? Ya gotta find a used one ? I'll consider the other options ya'll mentioned as well. TTFN. j

Did ya looky here.....

new and cheap !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

TigerTrax

KuzKenny...
I guess that list is both good & bad.....
Good that it lists some Triumph Tiger 'bolt-on' stuff that most won't buy.
Bad that it list bolt-on stuff most won't buy ....

but is further conclusion that aftermarket folks are not chasing Triumph and evidently Triumph is not interested.

That's the achilles heel at Triumph.
I own a 2006 Tiger. The brakes are horrible; Suspension is less than mediocre, Seat is a POS, Windscreen is a 'Plastics-2-go'... but the motor is great.

SO I replaced several pieces with 'better-for-me' aftermarket. Now I am looking for  floating disks and upgraded calipers.. Let's not talk rear shock... or wind protection . ... or alternator .... or centerstand ..... or 'what-might-have-been' had they been looking forward.

The STICKER shock for a Triumph is not WHAT YOU PAY.... it's WHAT YOU WILL PAY to bring up to snuff.

PS: This has been my bitch since day one.
      I like my Triumph.... but it takes tolerance!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

jphish

Yeah - Tigers aint purrfect, but you can (after empty piggy bank) bring them a step closer to 'pretty darn good'. I cant believe how much difference the Palmer brackets & screen make. OK -so - Silencer, Race I take it is the TOR ? Is 'race' the same as 'off road' ?? The description leaves a bit to be desired, but I will go from here & try to get to there. Thanks all, j

pizzaman383

Quote from: "jphish"I posted on "everything else for sale" but dont want to sell one...want to buy one. Anybody got a "spare" they want to part with? TTFN, j

They don't seem to come up for sale used very often.  I got mine a few months ago when one of the Triumph stores in England was selling them for 70% off retail.  With shipping to the US it was $195.
PizzaMan383
Black 2004 Tiger

Author: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook

pizzaman383

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"
Quote from: "jphish"Hey - Thanks folks. Do I understand correctly that the TOR is no longer available from Triumph for the Girlies ? Ya gotta find a used one ? I'll consider the other options ya'll mentioned as well. TTFN. j

Did ya looky here.....

new and cheap !!

KK

I got the TOR exhaust for my Girly from these guys a couple of months ago.  It arrived from overseas fairly quickly.  The shipping cost almost as much as the pipe but the overall cost was under $200.  I thought it was a good deal.
PizzaMan383
Black 2004 Tiger

Author: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook

jphish

Pizzaman' - That IS a good deal. How do you like TOR compared to stock ? j

jphish

Since EvilBetty jumped to a 'Roadie', I'm gettin the one off "Lucifer". Thanks for the assistance folks. j

markreck

I have an 01 with the TOR, just picked up an 02 with a Staintune. Prefer the TOR. Loud but I stay off the throttle around the neighbors and it's fine. Nice system, in fact rumour has it that it's made by Staintune, sounds way different though.