News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

DaveB 's Airbrushing

Started by daveb, September 02, 2010, 09:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveb

Some may know my hobby is airbrushing, here is my latest creation / work in progress. Bass guitar for a young lad, still recon I got another 4 or 5 hours left before clear coat

before I got my hands on it

my handy work

aeronca

look's pretty wicked :twisted:   right on!!
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

KuzzinKenny

:iagree  :rock-1  :rock-1  :rock-1  :rock-1  :rock-1  :rock-1

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

daveb

well the new paint has arrived with my new stencils.

Paint transparent black also pearlised white, and skull stencils

might reverse out the skulls like this

daveb

daveb

bit more done tonight on the rear panel.

I got the teeth to paint, then I am painting a Rose over the next few days.

daveb

teeth done, plus you wont believe this I have painted a flower  :wtf bit different. I still got another 2 stencils to go on the Rose.

daveb

full length photos of the guitar, all I got left is the Latin words on the banner then multiple layers of clear coat.

EvilBetty

Pretty wicked.  Lucky kid!
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

daveb

I have been asked to paint a red rose on a tank for a Suzuki.

never done a fuel tank before. although on the guitar project I never painted a rose or a banner until now.

daveb

banner complete 'to live, to love & to die' in latin  :?  why couldn't want Welsh on the guitar 'byw, caru, marw'.

just multple layers of cleat coat left and job done, ready for the next project.

daveb

well, finished the clearcoat, about 4 coats from rattle cans on monday just to protect the artwork, then today about another 4 coats of crystal clear, using the works spray booth.

you can see the metallic black base coat I used now

I also used a pearlescent white base paint for the flams.

the clearcoat is touch dry at the moment, I got about 48hrs before I return it, so it is drying on my sons guitar stand in free space.

aeronca

wow, thats looking great. now just tell the kid not to wear a big belt buckle :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

daveb

Quote from: "aeronca"wow, thats looking great. now just tell the kid not to wear a big belt buckle :lol:

well I could always re charging for correcting the damage  :lol:

KuzzinKenny

Hope it sounds as good as it looks  :rock-1  :rock  :rock-1  :rock

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly