News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Current Leakage Question

Started by Timbox2, September 25, 2010, 07:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

For the Auto Electrics peeps.

My Tigger got left a whole week without being started( Rare for me).

Although she did start it was a bit close but after a run she seemed fine and I put the battery on trickle for a few hours.

But i decided to do a leakage test on the battery and Im getting about 50-60ma.

Ive got the system 3 triumph alarm which Datatool say should only draw a max of 2ma "In Normal use", whatever that means, so, are Datatool lying or is something else taking a small draw, the clock maybe takes a little but I wouldnt have thought that much.

Cheers for your thoughts
2016 Tiger Sport

oxnsox

Don't have an alarm fitted... but I'll check mine tomorrow (since I'll be working in the shed) to see if their is any residual drain... and let you know
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Timbox2

Quote from: "oxnsox"Don't have an alarm fitted... but I'll check mine tomorrow (since I'll be working in the shed) to see if their is any residual drain... and let you know

Cheers mate,
2016 Tiger Sport

outrunner

Remember the clock still works when the ignition is off so that will account for some of the leakage.

Edit, I really should pay more attention as this has already been mentioned.  :oops:

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

oxnsox

OK... For my Girly with a flat battery (as I found out when I did this check), I'm seeing a residual current drain of around 2mA.  Bike is electrically standard with no alarm.
Hope that helps.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

iansoady

2mA isn't a lot. Standard battery is 12Ah which in theory would give you around 6,000 hours or 250 days before it was flat (yes I know it doesn't quite work like that).
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Timbox2

Quote from: "oxnsox"OK... For my Girly with a flat battery (as I found out when I did this check), I'm seeing a residual current drain of around 2mA.  Bike is electrically standard with no alarm.
Hope that helps.

Thanks mate, so it would appear that my alarm is drawing close to 50mA, or something else is that shouldn't be, wonder how easy or difficult it is to disconnect the factory alarm??
2016 Tiger Sport